(Closed) Hair & Makeup – To book or not to book?!

posted 6 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

With the booking, do they give you an option to cancel? That’s what my salon did — I had to book the wedding party and put down a credit card/pay for the trial, but could cancel the main appointments anytime up to a week before. It makes sense that the stylist doesn’t want to turn away other clients if you’re not going to show, but if there’s absolutely no out, I’d be cautious.

Post # 4
2009 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Any time you have someone wanting you to book before knowing what you’re getting into can make you feel spooked.

But, if you’re leaning towards her and she has experience, a good portfolio, good reviews…what more are you looking for?! She will not lose her skill once she gets in front of you 🙂

Remember that a trial is a combination of things: a consultation, a product run down, testing out a couple of different looks, confirming colors, tweaking details, and getting everything ready to rock for the big day.  So even if you hate what she’s done on your face the first go round, as long as she knows what she’s doing she can start all over with some guidance and feedback from you.

The topic ‘Hair & Makeup – To book or not to book?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors