(Closed) Hair &/Or Make-Up on a budget

posted 6 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I had my hair done by my creative SIL and my bridal party did their own hair. I told them if they wanted something face, they could go to a salon. I was just honest with the fact that I don’t have the money to be speding on hair for me, much less you. Of course, that is the relationship I have with my friends (it might be different for you)

I think if you have a make up application at a local salon and see what make-up works for you, you can buy that brand and do your own. Just pay attention to what the make-up artist is telling you and ask tons of questions.

Good Luck!

Post # 4
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Post # 5
629 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I understand being in a budget! What I’m planning on doing is doing my own makeup, and the girls doing their own as well. 

Then I’m planning on asking my friend, who is a cosmotologist but does not currently work in a salon, to do my hair and my girls. (She aready comes to my house and cuts and colors my hair for me) I’m not sure how much I’m going to give her yet, but I’m guessing maybe about $150-200. To do my hair, my 3 maids, and both of the mother’s. 

This might not work in your budget, but here are a few suggestions. 

– See if you know of anyone though friend’s circles who has been through cos and might do work outside of a salon. That way you get cheaper prices, and they get to keep ALL the money.

– Also, check out any local beauty schools, see if you can go there day of and get your hair done as well as maids… or just yours. lol OR see if they recommend any recent or near recent grads to come and do your hair. 

Hope that helps!

Post # 6
304 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I didn’t know you had to pay for your BMs. I guess I have a lot to learn

The topic ‘Hair &/Or Make-Up on a budget’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors