(Closed) Hair Extensions & False Eyelashes – Tips & Reviews Out There

posted 9 years ago in Beauty
  • poll: Would getting extensions be too dramatic a change for my wedding day or the perfect time to try it!?
    Perfect Time - When Else Can You Go All Out? : (19 votes)
    53 %
    Depends - Is There a Trusted Salon Who Can Do This Well to Pull Off the Desired Look? : (12 votes)
    33 %
    Dramatic Much?! - You Don't Want to Upstage Your Special Day By a Dramatic Change in Appearance! : (3 votes)
    8 %
    Never - Why Mess With What He Fell in Love With?! : (2 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 3
    165 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2009

I dont recommend it but it is everyones personal choice. I feel a bride should look her best as her self on her wedding day and not some glamourized portion. I think false eyelashes would be ok, you could do a trial run first but if they are in good taste. I have seen some that are glitteray, have stones on them or excessively too long and it just does not look appropriate for a wedding. You have plenty of time to grow your hair out so I do not know why you want to bother with extensions. Thats just me though! I am more for natural beauty!

Post # 4
    2030 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: December 1969

I wore extensions and false lashes for my wedding and it looked wonderful. I didn’t have enough hair to do the style I wanted. My stylist matched the color of the extensions perfectly so you couldn’t even tell they were there. I say go for it!

Post # 5
    735 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2009

I wore 1.2 row of fake eyelashes on each eye and it looked really nice. My eyes really "popped", if your using a make up artist, trust what they use, if you’re doing them yourself, start practing NOW. they are so hard ot get on correctly

Hair? my hair stylist was able to make some clip-on extension for me for about 150 with real hair. I still use them whenever we go out for a big night, they are a lot of fun and the stylist said they can last for years. 

Post # 6
    735 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2009

the 1.2 was supposed to be a 1/2 as in a half

Post # 7
    18 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2009

I wear eyelash extensions all of the time – Xtreme Lashes (you can google the company) – And I LOVE them. They look much more natural than temporary false lashes and you wake up in the morning and get out of teh shower with eyes that look fab.

I haven’t had hair extensions, but i do want to try them. My Mom has one of those hair pieces made just for her that she wears most days for volume and loves it

Post # 8
    1044 posts
    Bumble bee

Because I’m Asian and have very fine hair and eyelashes, I am going all out and having it done. They already did a trial run and I can’t believe how well it turned out!

[attachment=234173,24795]

Post # 9
    408 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

I am getting clip in extensions too from my stylist, they will be the same color as my hair and I also will be able to use them other times.  My FI would rather my hair be up for the wedding (he actually wants me to have the wedding hair updo so that is really the only way I can wear my hair the way I want it.  And I am going to also have fake eyelashes too.

Post # 11
    3 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: February 2018

Has anyone ever used Nova lash? I’m considering trying lash extensions from there but have heard total mixed reviews…?

Post # 12
    92 posts
    Worker bee

I just had my makeup trial yesterday and tried falsh lashes for the first time.  I absolutely loved them and it made a big difference, without looking obvious.  It doesn’t hurt to try before the big day!

The topic ‘Hair Extensions & False Eyelashes – Tips & Reviews Out There’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors