Post # 1
What would you do?
My hair stylist is unresponsive to emails and calling is difficult from overseas. My MOH worked out the details and prices with her and she sent me a confirmation email. She was suggested by my make up artist becasue she used to work with her. I emailed her to say I really wanted to set up a contract because I have already had one stylist (w/out a contract) cancel on me. It is 5 weeks to the wedding. She has assured me she is coming. Should I give her an ultimative and start looking for a replacement? I am getting a bit worried and don’t trust vendor’s words anymore.
Post # 3
If your makeup artist knows her, can you get in touch with her and see if she can get in touch with your stylist. I am a hairstylst and that seems very unprofessional. I do know that if i’m working on a wedding with a friend or if someone else hooks me up with the job, all the contacting is done through them, but I do show up when I say I’m gonna. One other thing is a lot of stylists do weddings on the side, most don’t do actual contracts, because payment is due at time of service. If you get a trial done or something than a deposit might be required to hold your day. Have you given her any money?
Post # 4
Tell the hairstylist you will have to look for someone else unless she sends you a contract — suggest she can use your makeup artist’s contract as a template if she doesn’t usually do contracts. If that doesn’t work, find someone else. Seriously, trust your gut — I had an unresponsive vendor who turned into a complete nightmare, and I wish I’d moved on to someone else when I started feeling like she was ignoring me.