(Closed) happy weight loss post – some inspiration & i need continued motivation!

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
273 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am struggling with those last 7 pounds and there are days I just want to give up. What kind of a workout routine are you doing and how often? Maybe I need to up mine.

Post # 4
5892 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

congrats!!

i’m struggling with the last 99 pounds.  lol.
but really…

Post # 5
449 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@dynamic_duo: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It’s great! Good luck with the last 5 pounds, I’m sure you can do it.

I’ve been struggling with my weight since I was a teenager. Got to 140 pounds at some point (I’m just under 5 feet) and was able to lose about 12 pounds in a year without excersise but with changes to my eating habbits. Then lost another 8 after a painful breakup and was able to stay in that weight for the last year, going up and down 2 pounds from 120 occasionally. It’s still too much for my height but I am happy and comfortable in this size. Ideally I would like to go down to 110, but I do not think I can do it without compromising my emotional well-being (I love food too much and not eating makes me depressed :)).

Post # 6
180 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

That is great news!  It’s nice to read something uplifting!  Congrats!  I went from 141 to 128 and it feels so great!  Keep up the great work!

Post # 8
273 posts
Helper bee

@dynamic_duo: That definitely sounds like my problem. I probably am not eating right nor the right portions. I will seek professional help immediately. (don’t laugh…i mean a nutritionist) Smile

Post # 11
273 posts
Helper bee

@dynamic_duo: AWESOME! I will see if I can find one. Thanks for the advice and keep it up with your goal!!!

Post # 12
5892 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

@dynamic_duo: im doing weight watchers, actually….and ive already lost 31…just a lot to go!

Post # 13
843 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Congrats!  I have the exact same weight goals as you and today reached my 135 as well! 

I find my problem is I always reach that goal and reward myself — with food or wine or something counteractive to my diet/fitness that I worked so hard at!  I’ve discovered actually rewarding myself with a new dress or pair of shoes is much better and I don’t slide into, well I can eat anything I want now!

Keep up the good work and always keep that wedding gown in mind!

Post # 15
923 posts
Busy bee

Good for you!! That is so amazing!! What an accomplishment!

I’m struggeling with my weight…. as I always have. I’m on the 17 day diet right now and I HATE it! I feel so deprived and hungrey all the time. I don’t get any carbs except in the form of fruit and I end up feeling nauseated by the end of the day because I haven’t eaten enough. This is the 4th diet I’ve been on in the past 12 months and it’s not something i can maintain for very much longer I feel. I saw Jennifer Hudson on the oprah show the other day and now i want to try weight watchers but all the money it takes to join makes me weary. If you don’t mind me asking… how much did you have to pay for your nutritionist? I love the idea of not having to deprive myself (and after a lifetime of dieting I’m really good at that), and being able to eat what I want but just dind a way to do correct portions. So this nutrisionist idea sounds awesome.

I’ve lost 8 pounds already, but i know I won’t get to my goal by the time of the wedding (losing 80 pounds between now and then wouldn’t happen unless I starved myself). It’s frustrating because I feel like I won’t be a beautiful bride and I’ll hate my photos because all I’ll do is pick out my double chin and fat arms or whatever. After the wedding though I was thinking of doing something that is slow and steady. Something I can stick with for life. Any tips on where to start??

The topic ‘happy weight loss post – some inspiration & i need continued motivation!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors