Has 2013 been a good or bad year for you?

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: Has 2013 been a good or bad year for you?
    Good : (128 votes)
    64 %
    Bad : (28 votes)
    14 %
    So-so : (43 votes)
    22 %
  • Post # 3
    1984 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t had a good year.  Here’s to hoping 2014 is better!

This year was pretty great for me.  I proposed to my man and now we’re engaged.  I got tenure.  I’m finishing my Masters in two days (I present my thesis on Wednesday – absolutely freaking out and super anxious but SO excited).

Post # 4
    75 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Despite buying our first home this year which was great, the big “C” has hit both my Grandmother this year (April) and now my new HUSBAND (October)?!?! 2014 has to be better. It just has to be… 

Post # 5
    11772 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2013

I’m sorry you had a rough year!

Post # 6
    610 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

@AussieSummer:  Hi, I just wanted to say quickly that I read about your story and I think you’re very brave for everything you went through with that breakup. Belated hugs, too.

That said, 2013 was an overall good but mostly average year. 2014 will be much more exciting, I think, because I will graduate from uni, start my career, and hopefully get engaged.

Post # 7
    15016 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

Up and down. Dh has had some serious health issues but they are getting better. I’ve had some great career moves. I’ve killed every appliance in our house this year, including the furnace, but luckily they were all at times we could afford new ones. Unfortunately those appliances came out of our trip fund and set us back another year. We still haven’t found any land to build on but we have some to look at in the spring. So it hasn’t been bad or good overall, life gave us a little of both. 

Post # 8
    2052 posts
    Buzzing bee

Sorry you had a rough year!  2014 will be better Smile

Post # 9
    4513 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Good overall. This past week has been a beyotch so it may not be ending on the best note, but still a pretty good year 🙂

Post # 10
    1167 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

@AussieSummer:  Im sorry for your crappy year 🙁

Mine has been pretty great actually. My first full year out of my terrible job, got my foot in the door of a Government department, in which a full time position should be up by the end of December, got proposed to (duh!), made friends with my sister in law and possible future sister in law, they are both amazing gals and after my best friend moved away at the start of the year I needed some girls to be able to chat with, even though they don’t live here haha. Oh, and just some basic stuff like more money in the bank, first full year living with FI, starting the wedding planning and some good news that came out of that.

I have had my bestie move away (biiiiig bummer 🙁 ) some family stuff (I basically have no sisters anymore, yay) and some financial setbacks/lack of actual career right now and job hopping. But, it all comes and goes and none of this relatively bad stuff even bothers me right now. Light at the end of the tunnel and all! 🙂

Post # 11
    2042 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

It was ok. The good: I got married. The bad: many many things. But luckily nothing devastating. 

Post # 12
    425 posts
    Helper bee

Good! A lot of changes and I feel like I’ve grown a lot.

Post # 13
    2475 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Pretty good year here! Made a surprise trip back home to Newfoundland in April, which was awesome, had our first anniversary, and got pregnant! As for the lows, my husband was away a lot with work (navy), but he gets back from a deployment in just three days!

Post # 14
    559 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

Omg this past week has been horrible.

Fiance’s truck broke down Monday,okay take my car. On the way to pick me up from work Monday evening a lady t bones him and totals my car. Hes fine though so thats good. Now were at zero cars and still have to get to work. Find out I don’t have rental coverage on my policy(that I’ve had since I was 16) so have a get my parents car which saves us money but what grown woman wants to be rescued by mommy and daddy. The driver that hit him was taking her time dealing with insurance but I finally hear from her 5days later after I’ve already bought a new car and luckily she’s at fault and her insurance is paying for my car. Which is perfect because after going back and forth with this and that problem we found out my fiancee truck needs a new engine so there’s thousands of dollars. Omg,can you tell I’m stressed. Skressed

Post # 15
    6449 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2013

@AussieSummer:  I hope 2014 is better for you!

I had so many good things happen! The best were:

-getting married!

-being hired on permanently at a job I like (and usually love)

-said job having the best year it’s had since it became employee owned over 20 years ago

-taking my first luxurious tropical vacation

There are plenty more good things and a few bad things, however, the good far outweighed the bad this year!

Post # 16
    559 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

But my year was amazing! Hello! Engagement! Lol

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors