(Closed) Has anyone gotten alterations to their DB V9743 or other chiffon dress?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
7561 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2013

Sorry, I don’t have any pictures but my dress has an organza overlay. For the bustle the seamstress placed a little loop of fabric through the layers of fabric, then it pulled the fabric back up on the buttons of my dress. Does that make sense? It’s hard to explain… 

I’m sure the people at DB would be happy to explain how it works before you buy your dress. 

Post # 4
1081 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I almost chose this dress!! I loved the detail that went down the train! (I ended up going with a Maggie Sottero dress because you don’t need to wear a bra with her gowns! And since I have a larger chest, the corset bra would have been wildly expensive, and they’re just super uncomfortable to me).

I don’t think bustling chiffon is terribly difficult… it just may require different bustles for each of the layers.

The V9473 is actually on that page, but I’m not a huge fan of the bustle the seamstress gave it (it doesn’t seem to emphasize that gorgeous sparkly train enough!)… but it’s one example for you to see, at least!

If you scroll down about halfway, there is a dress with a brown train, and the bustle brings up the train so that you can still see all the detail in the brown ribbon. I would try to get something like that done for the V9473, where the train is just brought straight up and attached to the back so you can still see all of the pretty sparkles on it!

Good luck, it’s very pretty!

Post # 5
3241 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@yumiyumi:  This was my runner up dress when I was looking. The seamstress gave me a quick idea of what the dress would look like bustled. It was in 2 parts, the heavier underlay was underbustled and the chiffon overlay was brought up to the waist at 2 points. I loved the way the dress looked bustled. As far as adding sleeves, I want to say there was another bee who posted photos of this dress with flutter sleeves, but I don’t remember her username.

A photo of what the dress looked like with a pinned bustle.

Post # 10
1318 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

That’s my dress!! ^_^

Post # 13
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’ve got the V9409, which also has chiffon over a heavier underskirt.  We’re waiting until the hems are done before deciding for sure on the bustle, but for that particular style my seamstress (not at DB) also suggested a layered bustle; it may be a slightly different style though since the 9409 doesn’t have the beading on the train.

Post # 15
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

This is my dress:

This is how my bustle will be… It’s in the middle of alterations now!!!

The topic ‘Has anyone gotten alterations to their DB V9743 or other chiffon dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors