(Closed) Has anyone tried on Pronovias Manuel Mota “Primor” from the 2012 Collection?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2100 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I loved that dress when I saw it online but it looks even more amazing on you.  If it will not cause real issues from overspending I would say yes – you look ethereal and exquisite.

That dress is so unique and there are not other options less expensive that you can buy to replicate the look.

Post # 4
1458 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I usually hate the feather look… but that is one stunning dress on you!!! Get it, it’s perfect.

PS – So jealous you got to meet Randy!

Post # 5
6512 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Oh my goodness, it is absolutely lovely!!!  That skirt is to die for, and the bodice fits your theme perfectly! 

And you got to meet Randy!!!  Lucky girl 🙂

Post # 6
758 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

beautiful! I say go for it!

Post # 7
899 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

It’s beautiful! I love the texture of the feathers, subtle but unique. It’s not POW FEATHERS, you know? The belt gives it just the right amount of sparkle and the bottom fabric is so drapey and lovely. 

If you can fit it in your budget, I say go for it!

Post # 8
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m usually not a huge fan of ball gowns but on you this is incredible and now I’m thinking about trying it on bc it looks so stunning on you!!!

Post # 11
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

The dress looks AMAZING on you!  I have seen the dress in person at a local shop and it is beautiful! 

Post # 12
41 posts
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m going to try the Primor dress on tomorrow in Delaware.

Have you tried on the Bengasi?  It has the feathers on the top and a different skirt but the exact same silhouette.  I think it’s less expensive than the Primor… but not sure.

Here is a picture of me in the Bengasi at the Pronovias flagship store in NYC… I walked over in the rain… so PLEASE ignore my shiny face and awful hair!!!!

We covered the silver belt with the pronovias beaded pearl belt to drop the waist a tiny bit… so that is what you see around my waist.

Post # 13
454 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Wow.  Like a PP, I am not usually interested in ballgowns, but this one is stunning.  I totally understand the budget issue, I’m not sure what to suggest on that except that maybe you could call around to stores that are having Pronovias trunk shows coming up.  You don’t need to be present to purchase the dress with a trunk show price and you can use those price quotes to negotiate with different stores.  That’s what I did and ended up using a trunk show price quote to negotiate over $300 off a gown that I loved in my local shop.  Just google “Pronovias trunk show” to find bridal shops with shows coming up.

Post # 14
5494 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2011

WOW.  that dress is STUNNING!  So jealous that wasn’t around when I got married.  I would have worn that in a heartbeat!  The feathers are so perfectly structure on that bodice.  And the drapping of the skirt is flawless.

More importantly, you seem to have the attitutde to pull of this dramatic number.  

Post # 15
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

If the extra expense can be found somewhere else in the budget then I say go for it-it is absolutely stunning. 

Post # 16
627 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

That. dress. is. STUNNING. It looks unreal on you, major dress envy right now. If you can afford the $2500 do it. You can always save money on your veil by finding a used one on the internet, or buy one on etsy. There’s lots of nice shoes out there that you could find for really cheap too. The only problems would be the alterations, if it’s too long it could be pricy to take some off the bottom? Love it though, I’d splurge and save the money elsewhere in the wedding!

The topic ‘Has anyone tried on Pronovias Manuel Mota “Primor” from the 2012 Collection?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors