(Closed) Have any Aug 2011 brides sent STD’s yet

posted 7 years ago in August 2011
Post # 3
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I am getting married Aug and I am in the same boat. We are thinking right after the new year holiday we are going to send our STD’s out. We are hoping next month to get the pictures taken so there is time to get them back and get a STD made in time.

Post # 4
509 posts
Busy bee

No, and we probably won’t. I love the idea, but if we’re having a budget wedding then it’s just an added unnecessary expense. I wish we could, but then I’d have to cut something else.

Post # 5
52 posts
Worker bee

I haven’t sent them yet but I am awaiting the proof to be sent for approval to me from the guy who is doing them and will be sending them out hopefully in the next couple of weeks.  We don’t have a huge amount of people from out of town but enough that people need to know as early as possible since our wedding is the weekend before a big holiday weekend and in the summer.  Even if you don’t have pictures, they have really cute ones on Wedding Paper Divas… I would check them out!

Post # 7
14 posts
Newbee

We haven’t taken pictures yet, but I’m hoping to send our save the dates in February.  We’re getting married on a Thursday, so I want to make sure everyone has enough notice! 8)

Post # 9
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

We are sending out electronic STDs and I want to have our wedsite done first. I am aiming for Feb/March. Also, I hope we have our engagement pics by then. We have an offer in on a house, we want to take the engagement photos at our new house, so I can’t schedule them til I get the word that our offer has been accepted. Its a short sale so it is taking for.ev.er. I am very antsy!!

Post # 10
13 posts
Newbee

We’re not sending ours until after Christmas. People get so much mail during the holidays (Christmas Cards!) that it seems like a good idea to wait until after so the STDs don’t get lost in the shuffle. Plus I think some people have a tendency to lose them if you send them too early. A friend of mine just sent hers eleven months early so it’s reassuring to hear that you’re all planning for early next year, too!

Post # 11
79 posts
Worker bee

I plan on sending them after the holidays in January sometime.  I figured people will be putting up their new calendars so they can easily put it right on and they won’t get lost with the Christmas cards!  I was not going to send STDs for budget purposes but it is on a Friday evening so people may need more time to plan.  We aren’t doing engagement pics but are DIYing the invites and matching STDs and no, I haven’t started yet – I better get on that!!

Post # 12
219 posts
Helper bee

yep! I sent out STD’s to those coming from abroad in august, and ill be sending out the local ones in Jan/Feb!

Just out of interest when is everyone planning on sending actual invitations?

Post # 14
158 posts
Blushing bee

smileyd – you can get 200 postcards from vistaprint for $42 if you use http://www.vistaprintdeals.com adn then you can use postcard postage which is only 20 something cents. comes out to be a pretty inexpensive way to do std’s. that’s what we’re doing 🙂

Post # 15
232 posts
Helper bee

I’m hoping that if we do them, we’ll have them in the mail around MLK day.  Hopefully the mail flow will have slowed down by then, so the guests will actually notice they’ve received them!

Post # 16
140 posts
Blushing bee

I just ordered my STD’s through Vistaprint yesterday.  I hopefully will be sending them out duriing the 2nd week of January.  My sister will be in town and hopefully assist me.  Most of my guests are coming from out of town because me wedding will be in a beach town which is almost 2 hours from my home. 

The topic ‘Have any Aug 2011 brides sent STD’s yet’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors