Have any August 2014 brides thought about honeymoon destinations yet?

posted 3 years ago in August 2014
Post # 3
511 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

You could do an island somewhere that’s not the Carribean. We think we are going to Spain which I am SOOO excited about… there is lots of history and good food but there are also nice beaches and a couple of great islands that will be perfect for just relaxing. 

If you really want the typical all inclusive resort thing though, you could also try Costa Rica, I don’t think they get hurricanes. Especially if you went Pacific coast, apparently August is one of the best times to go there.

Post # 5
266 posts
Helper bee

A friend of mine just got married in the last weekend of July and they went to Belize for two weeks immediately after. She mentioned that they were slightly worried about weather because it is the rainy season but when she returned she said it was perfect.

We are getting married in August 2014 but will have to delay our honeymoon to January 2015 so we have started thinking about it but not decided on anything yet.

Post # 6
592 posts
Busy bee

Still deciding.  Bermuda vs. Cabo San Lucas vs. Cancun vs. Disney World

If we push it back, we’ll go on a mini-moon to Ocean City, MD!

Post # 7
52 posts
Worker bee

We are going to take our honeymoon in Jan/Feb to avoid hurricane season, and because we live in the Northeast and both prefer to get away while there is snow on the ground. I think we might take a few days right after the wedding and go somewhere fairly local, if the budget allows. That might be a good idea for you as well!

Post # 8
1015 posts
Bumble bee

@cdmcBruno11:  AHHHH! You’re my first date twin! I’m so excited haha!

We’re also thinking somewhere tropical. I’ve told my FI all the planning is on him, since I’m planning pretty much the whole wedding.

Keep us August brides posted on what you’re thinking!

Post # 10
209 posts
Helper bee

We haven’t finalized it yet, but we are looking at a few different islands in the Caribbean at the all-inclusive Sandals resorts. We know we want to travel right after our wedding – leave the Tues. after the Sat. wedding. hmmm decisions decisions!

Post # 11
1670 posts
Bumble bee

We are actually considering a mountain resort of some kind to escape the worst of the heat. I guess we should start thinking about it, I can’t believe I’m about to hit the one year out mark this Friday!

Post # 12
224 posts
Helper bee

I have always wanted to go to Belize since I saw it on HGTV a few years ago, but we have been playing around with the idea of going somewhere like Australia as well. All I know is I want to go somewhere beautiful with water 🙂

Post # 13
141 posts
Blushing bee

Lots of date twins here – yay!

We were thinking of heading to the Middle East, but will have to wait and see if things calm down for now. 

Post # 14
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I’m a August 23rd date twin too! Hooray!

We had originally said we didn’t want to have a honeymoon, but now I’m thinking differently. I really wanted to try and go to Cabo or something warm and tropical! If anyone finds any good deals, or packages for honeymoons, let me know! 🙂

Post # 15
148 posts
Blushing bee

We’re thinking of renting a cottage for a week after the wedding and then going away in the winter when we desperately need time way from the snow :).  Still thinking about it!

Post # 16
405 posts
Helper bee

@HotnHollerin:  ooh great idea! 

@cdmcbruno11 if you don’t mind a long flight (or two) Hawaii is insanely gorgeous and doesn’t get hurricanes like the carribean, to my knowledge

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors