Having a 1950's ratpack themed wedding need help with decorations, centrepieces!

posted 2 years ago in Decor
Post # 2
1523 posts
Bumble bee

Okay, its kinda weird, bu have you thought about records as centerpieces? Each table could be a labeled a different Frank song. And while his records might be a little pricey, is there a possiblity of getting old records from the 1950s from other artists?

What was common flowers for nightclubs of the 1950s?

BTW love your theme! 🙂 Will you be going with a traditional 1950s dress?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  .
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  .
Post # 3
42546 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

flowerofeden:  Tolsby double sided frames from Ikea are great for table names. You could name the tables after Sinatra songs and include a pic of the album cover. This pic shows one of the key Vegas hotels- but there were only a few of them- not enough for most weddings.

Mirabelle Creations: {Tablescapes} -- Rat Pack / Mad Men themed table

Come Fly with Me for the cake or dessert table?

Matt was talking about having Frank Sinatra's "Come Fly with Me" be our first dance, how cool is this?

many elements overlap with Old Hollywood

you could frame posters of the Rat Pack in lights, or use the idea to frame wedding photos of your parents, grandparents, or pic of the couple

I m with TimilyL photo 2998282-3

ostrich feather centerpieces with Eiffel tower vases can be pricey. You can get the same fell with a boa wrapped around the base of a hurricane vase

this is one theme where it is appropriate to use mirrors as  base for the centerpiece

http://brilliantbride.typepad.com/.a/6a013486ce8e07970c0133f416c1dd970b-pi

If you use a taller crystal vase, you could use martini glasses as tealight holders instead of traditional votives

We have these colored crystals!! use them anyway you like to dress up your tables!

you could have a “cigarette girl” visit the tables and present your favors

have a red velvet rope and stanchions

Post # 5
2 posts
Wannabee

If it’s not too late my plans are similar. Have you ever been to a Delmonico’s Steakhouse ( it’s in Albany NY) but it’s that theme! Here is my Pinterest of ideas, of course mine is a bit random because our date may or may not be in the winter and wanted to incorporate love bird theme (or not) anyway here it is:

http://pinterest.com/vickibrewster/classy-50s60s-inspired-wedding/

Post # 7
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

flowerofeden:  Although you cannot use him as a centerpiece LOL, consider a Dean Martin impersonator. Bottoms up, baby!!!!

bourbon1

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors