- 3 years ago
- Wedding: October 2014
So I am having a slight Panic attack right now!!! I havent been able to get ahold of my photographer since uhhh JANUARY!!! EARLY JANUARY!! He hasnt returned calls or e-mails! at all! We are trying to schedule engagement pictures and I’ve got nothing! Kinda freaking out to begin with righ! Well I go online to show my friend some of his pictures to low and behold find out he has doubled the cost to get the digital rights for his photos and raised some of his other prices, and now he would be a complete budget blower for me!! We just do NOT have $2,500 for photography he was at the top of our budget to begin with! And now I have to buy a new car and I just dont think we can swing it with the price increase….since the digital rights was not in the package we had picked out we would now have to pay the higher rate….they only packages they offer with digital rights starts at $2,700….and we just cant do it!!
So we do have 2 back up photographers….1 is cheap and well kinda isnt the greatest….1 is better pictures and a tiny bit more cost for the depost but comes with complete printing rights to e-pics and wedding pics….so he is who FI wants and I like his pictures better….
The one with better pictures is still available and even though he has a higher deposit then the other 2 he will offer us a 10% discount on our package and services…..so that is a bonus….
I guess i just need reassurance that this will be ok! I had my heart set on the other guy…but the unreliability and sudden changes of prices that I was told were “fixed”…..freaks me out and the inability to get ahold of him and that he is now blowing my photography budget….and a chunk of my food budget if we stay with him…..
Would it be rude of me to say “Hey, we cant get ahold of you, You have changed prices, and now we cant afford you, we are going to go with someone different”. Should I lie, sugar coat it?? How do you fire a vendor??? *note we have just done a deposit holding the date, we were supposed to do a contract in Feb when we did engagement pictures, but we havent been able to schedule them, so technically I have discovered he can change whatever prices he wants!
SOOO I am freaking out and panicking….I know I would be out a $200 deposit, but, I would rather be out $200 then be out $2500 for our pictures and then potentially not get them or have another price hike on something….
what should i do bees….I feel in my gut due to the lack of communication and changes, I have been thinking that maybe I need to eat my pride and just suck it up and change it! Do I try and keep going and think its just a technology gap???
I really am freaking out right now, since I just tried again all weekend to get ahold of this guy and nothing again….Im sorry if this is rambly or dosent make sense….but I am flipping a brick here!
I just want to add: I am trying not to sound like a brat, I understand photographers are busy….but still since JANUARY! Thats not a good way to keep me paying you lots of my money!