He proposed 07/15/17 ❤ Recommendations in SoCal

posted 1 week ago in Engagement
Post # 2
512 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Congratulations!!!!  And YES.  I grew up in Southern California.  Do you know where Palos Verdes is?  Had I not moved to Seattle, this is where I would be getting married: 

http://www.wayfarerschapel.org/ 

Post # 3
512 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Ah.. you said engagement party.  Sorry ☹️

Post # 4
986 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Congratulations! I live in Los Angeles and I would recommend:

engagement party:

The strand house in manhatten beach (gorgeous views of the ocean and great food/drinks) 

L’Opera in downtown Long Beach (great food and in a historic bank building) 

Brio in Torrance (great food and atmosphere) 

cucina enoteca: locations in Irvine and Newport Beach. I prefer Newport because the Irvine one is at the spectrum center. (Great food and great atmosphere/decor) 

photographers: 

Joey Ikemoto in Torrance 

lin and jirsa photography in Tustin 

wedding venue:

i second wayfarers chapel but im also totally biased because I got married there recently! 

Storrier stearns Japanese garden in pasadena

Post # 5
74 posts
Worker bee

Where in SoCal and what vibe are you looking for?

San Diego (coast and inland) have a TON of breweries and microbreweries, a lot (Stone Brewing for example) with very pretty gardens and outdoor space. They often have delicious food as well. Might make for a unique engagement party venue 🙂

Post # 6
832 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

So cute!!

Post # 7
7280 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

Blessed143 :  If your engagement party will be soon I’d highly recommend http://www.studiosequoia.com/ for the photographer. Kelley is amazing, but she’s leaving the country soon. 

Post # 8
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2018

Blessed143 :  What’s your budget like in terms of photographers? I’m really particular about the style of photograhers so when i first started looking around in SoCal, i researched ALOT of them. I recommend http://www.radandinlove.com, i absolutely love their style! If you’re on a smaller budget, i’d recommend Jenn & pawel photography! Jenn is really nice!

Post # 9
2 posts
Wannabee

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding! I’m a wedding and portrait photographer currently located in Mississippi, but am hoping to do more destination + travel photography. My husband and I will be making a trip to LA August 23-25, and I’m offering a free engagement session while I’m there! Reach out to me at http://www.hannahgroatphoto.com/ if that’s something that interests you! Happy wedding planning 🙂

Warmly,

Hannah

Post # 10
26 posts
Newbee

I live in LA. I’m in waiting but we want to have a small celebration too after the proposal happens. I’m considering:

The Eveleigh (West Hollywood)

Craig’s or Dan Tana’s (also in West Hollywood)

Spire 73 (downtown, that newest tallest lounge on top of the Wilshire Grand)

Break Room 86 at the Line Hotel in Koreatown (they have private karaoke rooms and it’s really kitschy and 80’s themed)

Paradise Cove Beach Cafe in Malibu (very crowded and full of kids, but if the weather is nice they have a ton of family style eats and it’s good for groups..Plus you can drink right on the beach)

Perch Restaurant downtown (I am leaning toward this as a more formal rehearsal dinner/ shower venue when the time comes but worth checking out)

Congrats and good luck!! Your ring is beautiful btw. Happy planning!

Post # 11
87 posts
Worker bee

Congrats on your engagement 🎉🎉

I got engaged the same day during my birthday dinner with friends and family. I love the beach looks so special. 

I live in NY so no help with recs sorry 😉

Post # 12
17 posts
Newbee

Did you post pics from two accounts? I swear I saw another account post the picture of you and your FI…

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors