- 4 years ago
- Wedding: June 2014
I’ve been lurking around forever, and I’ve really enjoyed it – so many smart ladies out there, so many beautiful rings to drool over! Thanks!
I’m doing my research for what kind of ring I want! I want it for sentimental reasons: to show the world I’m taken, and to be reminded of our love when I look at my hand, and to pass it on to future children.
– I want a stone in a neutral color (white/uncolored, I wouldn’t mind a slight, warm tint at all, actually I’d prefer it to a harsh white) – we don’t care to blow our entire savings on a diamond and I find the industry ridiculous so those are out of the question.
– I prefer sparkle, fire, whatever you call it, over color
– It will be worn every day and must be durable
– I’m going for something in between 1,25 and 2 carats.
– It doesn’t matter to me if the stone is lab created
– We will buy the stone separately (pref w certificate) and have it set as a solitaire in a yellow gold ring
White sapphire: I’m pretty hooked on white sapphire, but can anyone who owns both white sapphire and moissy and/or diamond tell me about how it behaves in comparison? What cuts are best for white sapphire? Do they have much fire/sparkle? Or do they easily get glassy?
Moissy: I’ve also researched moissy a lot, but the fact that the FB moissys all seem to have coating leaves me cold (this is stated on all the NAGL certificates I’ve found for loose FB stones). The stones obviously look gorgeous, but coating doesn’t sound compatible with ‘family heirloom’. Any pics or reports on how unenhanced moissy in sizes above 1.25ct performs? Again, I don’t mind a warm tint…
Any other tips are welcome, you all seem to know so much so maybe there are some great suggestions waiting out there!!! Sorry for the long post!