(Closed) Hello October 2013 Brides :)

posted 5 years ago in October 2013
Post # 4
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I have ceremony & reception venue booked, photographer booked, my dress ordered & wedding rings almost paid off (they are on layby) I still have to:

book DJ

go to florist

organise cake

hire a theming company

get bridesmaid dresses

book hair & make up aappointments

My wedding colours are orange & red. I think most of the important stuff is sorted. The rest will only take a few months.

Post # 5
1257 posts
Bumble bee

Booked cater, dj, officiant, venue

Got dress, bridal shoes

Have 98% of the centerpiece stuff

Am currently deciding between two bridesmaid dresses, looking for a wedding band that works with my e-ring, and scheduling cake tastings.

Post # 6
11 posts
Newbee

You’re well ahead of me! We just finalized the date and venue today (October 5!).

Other than that…I have my Pinterest board ready? LOL. That’s all!

Immediate to-dos: figure out if we want to send Save the Dates; meet with our caterers (we know who we’re going with and they’re available so we just have to do a taste-testing and organize the menu); start thinking about details. We do have a theme, though, so yay for small steps. 

I’m not worried about a dress (I don’t plan on wearing a typical bridal gown so likely won’t be needing tons of time for alterations, which means I probably won’t start looking for another couple of months).

I feel like now that the venue is booked, it’s time for the fun stuff!

Post # 7
1110 posts
Bumble bee

@notthatkindofgirl:  lol I like your Pinterest board comment.  I feel like I am behind in Pinterest-planning!

I have the venue (ceremony, reception, food, DJ), officiant, my dress, and not much else.  High on my list is getting a photographer and looking at bridesmaids dresses. 

I am in the same boat with colours.  My original “fall theme” has been morphing into a “fall/vintage/rustic” theme, so I’m wondering if red BM dresses and a red rose bouquet would go with burlap table runners and mason jar/wood centerpieces.  Gah!

On an exciting note, I have started a couple DIY projects including wire name dress hangers for the ladies and myself, as well as a mailbox/cardbox with our names and handprints a-la Pixar’s “Up”

Post # 8
1311 posts
Bumble bee

I think I am right on time with most as per The Knot checklist. I have booked:

Venue and Caterer 

Photograher 

DJ

Musicians for Cocktail Hour

Reverend

Family mamber will make our cake and cup cakes

I just purchased my dress

Colours will be brown / beige / ivory with some hints of greens and orange

Browse around and see what catches your eye πŸ™‚

Post # 9
112 posts
Blushing bee

So far I have:

Venue (ceremony & reception)

Photographer

Rehearsal Dinner

Dress, including veil and undergarments

Post # 11
155 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

@peachbaby4008 what if you did an orange (to encorporate pumpkins) and a pastel pink. I think that would be beautiful.

We’re doing a dark purple (plum) and peach. I think we will be using the little white pumpins too. Not 100% sure yet.

As far as planning goes this is what I’ve got done:

• Reception & Ceremony Sites booked
  • Photographer booked (a good photographer friend of mine)
  • Caterer booked
  • Bakery for my cupcakes booked
  • my dress is purchased and hanging in my closet
  • bridesmaids dresses picked out
  • DJ & Dinner Entertainment booked
  • officiant
  • florist booked
  • STD’s sent out
  • Invitations designed by yours truly and printed out – just have the heafty work of putting them all together
  • working on decorations and sinage soon

I have a lot of other little things done and some more things in progress, but it’s getting there. In a few months we are starting to make up the jams for the favors (over 200 jams/jellies to make! Oofta!)We are doing a rustic romantic theme wedding. Getting married in a barn!! SUPER EXCITED!!!

Does it feel real to anyone yet? I feel like I’m going through all the motions of planning but it will never be here.

Post # 12
240 posts
Helper bee

We have nothing done! We’re waiting til the weather warms up a bit to go see some potential venues (we’re thinking of renting a B&B with a big lawn for the ceremony and reception). I’m not worried because our venue idea isn’t common around here so we don’t have a lot of competition.

I have lots of stuff planned in my head but nothing is actually booked yet.

The only real preparation I’ve been doing is taking flower arranging classes so I can DIY most of the flowers for the ceremony.

Post # 13
8 posts
Newbee

so far I have:

venue for ceremony and reception

dress and veil

colors picked out – white, gold and cranberry (i was against the typical red, orange and brown)

my mom is making my wedding cake (bless her talented soul)

officiant

STD created but not printed

decorations bought (cream and gold pumpkins, glitter covered pumpkins, white pumpkins [raided the craft store this past fall during their fall clearance sale]  ribbons, centerpieces, candles, ect)

hair/makeup stylist 

still need:

book photographer

choose music for the wedding 

haven’t decided if we’re going to have a DJ

choose bridesmaid dresses

have food tasting with the venue

florist

so far i think i’ve done pretty well! πŸ™‚ good luck! martha stewart is my favorite when it comes to inspiration (although she is severely lacking in the fall wedding ideas) and pinterest!

Post # 14
35 posts
Newbee

@peachbaby4008:

We’re getting married (Canadian) Thanksgiving Weekend and I couldn’t be more excited!! Our ceremony reception is at a boat club on the Atlantic Ocean, we’re throwing a modern-quirky-us-themed wedding with navy and bright green as our main colours and grey as our accent.

This is the stuff we have complete/booked:

Venue – Paid
Caterer – Paid
Photographer – Mostly Paid
Officiant – Not paid but booked.
Cake (cousin is a professional baker, score!) 
Guest Book – we’re doing Jenga Blocks – had to buy 2 
Cardbox – we’re did an antique mailbox 

Stuff we have decided on but haven’t bought:
MY DRESS (I’m getting measured next week… ahhh!!! So excited!!) – Paid
Linens – we’re buying online because it’s cheaper than renting.
My Ring – my ering is pretty unique so we need to get one custom made. We have a quote but are just saving the money). 
 Flowers – ordering various white flowers for decor from Fifty Flowers and yellow rans or garden roses for the bouquets. MIL used to be a flourist she’ll be doing the boquets and the girls will be arranging the vases the night before.
Decor – one of my friends is making our table runners – we just decided on navy and white chevron fabric and we have yet to raid target (we’re in Canada) so in May we’ll head South and pick up some cafe lights. 
Favours – Milk & Cookie bar – need galvanized pails, favour bags, glass containers and milk.

DIY Projects underway – 
Wedding Website & Save the Dates – SO has this under construction – we’ll send out a picture e-mail STD directing people to our wedding website. (Complete in February)
Invites – we’ve designed and purchased the paper products (incl stuff for thank yous and menus, etc) from Paper Source (seriously GREAT to deal with!!! they went above and beyond for me). All we need to do now is print and assemble. (Complete for mid-March)
Bow Napkins – fabric and velcrow purchased, just have to wait until the linens are ordered! (Complete in August)
Vases – we’re doing yarn wrapped bottles for vases – yarn is purchased and perrier is being consumed as much as possible. (Complete in May)
Backdrops – for photobooth, head table and milk & cookie bar (Complete in January)
Cookies for Cookie Bar – 24 dozen (mini size) of 6/7 types. Sounds daunting but I am a major baker (hello professional cuisinart mixer!) – I have an empty deep freeze and a lot of will power for storage (Complete in June/July)

Stuff we have no-sweet-clue what we’re doing:
Ceremony Music/DJ – we’re debating between doing the ceremony and reception music ourselves… we’re music geeks but at the same time we don’t have to worry about it… which is why we might hire a DJ and give him a playlist. If our funds permit (SO is a PhD student.. ) we may hire a band that’s holding the date for us.

Bridesmaids Dresses – I’m debating whether the girls should choose their own in the Alfred Sung line.. or just pick their own navy dresses. I’m not picky, I think they’ll look beautiful in whatever they wear, which is why I’m inclined to let them pick whatever in navy.

Grooms Attire – the boys will be wearing grey suits they all already own, but we’ll be gifting them custom shirts and ties… just not sure where or what they’ll look like.

Ceremony Decor – we’re drawing a blank on this category we’re doing so much DIY for the reception (while trying to keep it simple). 

SO Ring – he’s trying to decide between 3 designs.

Basically we have the big things out the way but the little DIY things will take some time, but I think we have a good timeline and left two “flex” months of May (half-way through) and September/October is for all those other things we didn’t think of.  I feel really fortunate because SO is REALLY helpful – he’s cutting/pasting/drilling and basically knees deep in DIY stuff to help me out <3

As for your colour question – are you 100% sold on the pumpking thing? Personally I’m not a fan of pumpkins because of their shade of orange (I know… I’m being super weird by saying that), but having said that I have fallen in love with pumpkins that are decorated. Which means you could do navy and any colour you wanted… like copper, rust/burgendy, green, etc.  There are lots of tutorials on how to do it (it seems easy to boot!) but I understand that some people don’t have the time.

Post # 15
5 posts
Newbee

So, i guess, by the sounds of it, it’s time to get serious on the planning, huh? I felt like we were doing alright, i mean we got the DATE set πŸ™‚

Something i started, and then completely forgot about was finding an officiant… THANKS FOR THE REMINDER BEES!!! We’ll be lucky if it all comestogether πŸ˜‰

Venue, check

Dj,check

Rings, check

Hotel block, check

Dress, in the closet-check

Buying very pretty decorations from bees just married, in process!

Post # 16
911 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia

I feel like I have a lot done, and then I think of all that I still have to do, and I freak out a bit!

Done:

Venue (includes catering and cake)

Day of Coordinator

DJ

Officiant

Cocktail hour musicians

Bridemaid/flower girl dresses

Save the Dates (will be sent out this weekend)

hotel room blocks

wedding website

In process:

designing invites with an Etsy merchant

my dress (getting measured March 1st, and ordering)

rehearsal dinner planning

hotel door hangers (DIY project)

kids activity book (DIY project)

Still to do:

wedding rings

tuxedos

favors

florist

welcome bags

bridesmaid gifts (ordering them)

transportation (still deciding if we need)

And I feel like I am forgetting things. 

Also, FI and I are on a serious weight loss program. So, that’s in process too. But I think we’d be doing that even if we weren’t getting married. We’ve been over-indulging for a while now. Embarassed

The topic ‘Hello October 2013 Brides :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors