- 3 years ago
- Wedding: March 2014 - Kiawah Island
So, I’ve had one hell of a day with wedding stuff.
1) I went for my fitting today at the bridal shop. As I was leaving, I fell down the last flight of steps and crash landed on the first floor. THANK GOD I was already out of my dress. I wasn’t wear my heels or anything, just tripped over my own two feet. The ladies at the shop were really nice and my MOH took me to urgent care for x-rays. I’m banged up and have a sprained ankle, but should be good to go by our wedding next month.
2) UPS has been taking forever to deliver my invitations. I was expecting to send them out two weeks ago. Now they have apparently lost them somewhere at my local depot. I have asked if I can just come by and pick them up myself but apparently my package is “inaccessible” right now. “Inaccessible” sure sounds like “lost” to me. The RSVPs state to return by Feb 23rd, but I think I’ll be lucky if my recipients even get the invitations by the 23rd at this rate.
3) I ordered glass “pineapple” shaped beverage dispensers for the reception. The first one arrived today — glass is broken all around the rim of the vessel. At least Amazon has a good return policy.
4) FedEx delivered my wedding band (from Overstock.com) and while it fits my finger, it does not interlock with my e-ring and generally looks like ass.