(Closed) Help!

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
1137 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

It would greatly help if you could post some more details about your wedding.

1) Decor budget

2) Number of tables

3) General set-up you were hoping for (sweetheart table, head table, buffet, dessert station)…etc.

P.S. Are the boats and gazebo staying?

Post # 4
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Those paper laterns could be great in a space like this if the ceiling is high enough. I’ve seen quite a few posts where others have gotten these for a good price.

Post # 5
2398 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Another question:  Do you have a theme in mind?

Post # 9
2600 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I would try to find magnetic hooks or clips that you can use for putting the lights up – I don’t know any other way you could do it.  I would probably put them high up along the wall, but not all the way at the top so you’re not reflecting onthe ceilings too much.

I wouldn’t try to hang anything from the ceiling, and your centerpieces will fill up that space. 

One of my bigger questions is the lighting.  I only see large florescent fixtures – will you be bringing in any lighting?  Using ficus trees with white lights in them would be nice.

Depending on how much access you have to things, maybe making some pipe and drape would help neutralize the walls.

I think using the Gazebo as a photo booth is great! I would do some garlands or something around the outside of it.

Good luck!

Post # 10
46128 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

The ceiling certainly doesn’t look excessively tall. It appears to be just over twice the height of the car. Ordinary ladders should work just fine.

If there aren’t any structural pieces to attach the light strings to, you can use 3M Command Hooks. They will stick to any surface and remove cleanly. You can use them on the walls or ceiling. They come in many sizes to hold different weights. They do have to be put up about an hour before you use them so they have a chance to set.

You could string them in parallel rows across the width of the room- with or without tulle

or bring them into the center- again with or without tulle

you can do the whole room or just do about 1/3 to 1/2 the room- the end where the head table and/or dance floor will be

This one has lights and lanterns

for the glam, you could choose to hang a few rented chandeliers

wedding-reception-decorations

The topic ‘Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors