(Closed) HELP!!!!!

posted 7 years ago in Family
Post # 3
491 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

No, that’s a huge decision to make on his own and then just TELL YOU ABOUT IT. If he wasn’t wanting to have a wedding anymore, he should have included you in on the conversation and you both should have come to a conclusion together, not him telling you what to do. You also shouldn’t have to suffer just because he has a “dysfunctional family”. How does your family feel about this? What did he say when you told him you didn’t want to cancel the wedding?

I can’t imagine your pain. I’ve not got everything done, but if FH for some reason told me he didn’t want to have a wedding, I’d shit a brick and throw it at him!

Post # 4
376 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

You are NOT being unreasonable. Wedding planning is a BIG deal. Some grooms don’t realize this because they let their brides do most of the work. My guess is he is having an emotional response to seeing his brother and really wanting him at the wedding. Maybe you can sit him down and talk about ways to make his brother more comfortable attending your wedding. Maybe telling him that there will be assigned seats and they can sit him on the opposite side of the room? My guess is your FI is just really hurt and torn up and had an emotional lash out at you because you were an easy target. Not cool, but not rational thinking either. I’d give him some time to cool off and try talking to him again about how he is feeling.

Post # 8
2906 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@watts1967:You need your family there, even if his isn’t. You are not done discussing this issue with him. Keep talking. And don’t give up.

Post # 9
2095 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I would remind him that several thousand have already been spent and cannot be refunded. So his brother’s offer to pay for a vegas wedding would be wasting even more money.Perhaps he needs to be reminded of al lthe plans that are already in place and all of the other people who are wanting to celebrate your special day.

Or if he is dead set on the vegas wedding then you can do both. Go to vegas with his brother and still have your wedding a few months later. As long as the date is not super important to you.

The topic ‘HELP!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors