HELP: 1940s – 1960s hair-styles for long hair

posted 3 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Cynderbug:  Not sure if it helps, but I think most low chignons are period appropriate for the 40s-60s!

Post # 4
2534 posts
Sugar bee

@Cynderbug:  I have a few pics from when I was looking for a vintage hairstyle for my wedding. They aren’t half-up/half-down but maybe they can give you some inspiration?

Post # 6
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Lubeznik Center for the Arts

A Victory Roll seems like a good choice; the bottom looks short but it’s curled, so I think it’s actually longer. 

This looks like sort of a rif on a victory roll, longer hair – looks very vintage to me

This wavy thing is pretty. 

Post # 8
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@Cynderbug:  Google Bridget Bardot 1960s hair.  She had the classic early 60s pinup long hair.

Post # 13
36 posts
  • Wedding: January 2010

I saw you’re doing a DW in the rockies – if you’re located near vancouver or will be visiting there soon, go see the ladies at East Vanity Parlour. They specialize in this sort of stuff and they are really really good at it! 

Post # 15
549 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@Cynderbug:  I was going to suggest that Vintage Hairstyles book! I have it, and it’s pretty great. If you google the title and click on images, it shows a bunch of pages from the inside. If you see something you like and can’t get it from the library, PM me and I’ll scan the page with the steps for you.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors