(Closed) Help!

posted 6 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
853 posts
Busy bee

Hmmm, personally, I’m not sure I’d be comfortable in it because it’s quite short, and also strapless. I think that if it were longer or had straps (one or the other) it would be a bit more appropriate for a wedding.

Post # 4
3472 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - The Gables Inn, Santa Rosa, CA

I think it’s cute– I’d wear it 🙂 

Post # 5
1719 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’d wear it. Smile  It looks short but that could be because it’s on a tall, leggy model, right? 

Post # 6
250 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I like it!! I think you can definitely wear it!

Post # 7
3001 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Not for 4 oclock in my opinion.

Post # 9
1623 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Personally I would not. I wouldn’t wear red to any wedding. I would save this dress for date night or something along those lines.

Post # 10
907 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I love it!!!!! I think u can totally do it.

Post # 11
853 posts
Busy bee

@asandy: The fact that you’re stressed about whether to wear it or not, suggests that maybe you should opt for a different dress. I once wore a pretty sexy dress to a wedding, and I felt VERY uncomfortable in it. Every one of my friends at that wedding told me it looked great and not to worry about it, but I did feel a little weird being around grandparents, family members, seniors etc. I wished I had worn something a bit more conservative. And my dress had straps, was a bit longer, was bright turqoise, and was tight.

Post # 12
735 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@asandy:  That’s a pretty dress.  But (to me) it’s for a night out or a cocktail party – not a 4 pm wedding.

The etiquette regarding whether or not to wear the dress has to do with 1.) is it of the appropriately formal for the event?    2.) Could anyone think that you are attempting to divert attention from the bride and/or the bridal party by choosing to wear this dress? 

I’d describe that dress as cocktail attire, thus semi-formal, so unless you’ve been given guidance otherwise the formality is fine. BUT it is a little revealing for a late afternoon ceremony, and it’s a bright color.  At some weddings guests would fit right in wearing a short, strapless dress – but your hesitation makes me think that the one you’re attending isn’t going to be one of those weddings.

I vote: save that dress for an event where it will be appreciated, find another cute outfit that is a little more subdued for this event.

Post # 13
114 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

the very fact that you’ve got doubts gives you an answer. If it were my wedding I’d think you were trying to steal the show. Remember its not YOUR day its someone else’s. just be simple! Its boobs or legs, not both

And why all the alterations since buying it? why the stress? what’s your motive ? Sorry but NO is my answer x

Post # 14
1735 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

If it was a 7pm wedding definatley but not for 4pm.

The topic ‘Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors