(Closed) HELP :(

posted 5 years ago in Music
Post # 3
1253 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@MissLunchbox:  I would just say that you really appreciate his offer, however, you have already got a contract with the DJ and there isn’t space for a band as well.  Maybe you can ask if he (or a friend) would be willing play during the ceremony or cocktail hour instead?

Post # 4
3697 posts
Sugar bee

I would thank him for his very kind and thoughtful gesture and say something along the lines of, “Oh, it would have been lovely to have had you play, but we are already set up with a DJ we know here in town, and I’m afraid his feelings would be hurt if we backed out of our plans with him. We are so lucky that so many people want to help us celebrate! We will have to keep you and your buddies in mind the next time we throw a party.” I would try to avoid lying outright, but if you let on that you already have an existing relationship with a DJ (which is true) that might help break the decline more gently?

Post # 5
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@MissLunchbox:  I think it’s perfectly acceptable to say you have already paid for a (nonrefundable) DJ that you don’t want to go to waste.  You could also say that you do not want your wedding guests working at your wedding because you invited them to spend time with them and you would rather him not play so that you can get to know him.  Try taking the focus off him playing and turn it towards meeting him and how excited you are for that to happen. 🙂  I’ve had some issues with people making offers (including wedding music) and I thanked them and told them were grateful to be surrounded by such generous friends, but we would rather spend time with them then have them be busy the entire night.

The topic ‘HELP :(’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors