(Closed) Help!

posted 5 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
3697 posts
Sugar bee

I’m assuming your wedding date isn’t actually 4 Aug 2012?

You should carefully think through your reasons for wanting it in a church. How important are they to you? Would you be shopping around for a church to use as a backdrop, and not maintaining any really connection (either to that church or to church in general) after the wedding? Is it actually really important to you to solemnize your marriage before God?

Also, what denomination are you? If you happen to be Catholic, you should know ahead of time that the Church doesn’t recognize marriages that don’t take place in a Catholic church with a priest or deacon as the celebrant, so having a beach wedding would mean that you couldn’t take Communion again until you got the marriage convalidated (i.e. blessed by the Church.) If you’re not Catholic, then it isn’t an issue.

Remember, too, that this isn’t “my” ceremony/reception, it’s “ours.” (I presume there is someone else in the picture?) These are big decisions that need to be made jointly. And a good rule of thumb for any engaged person is to banish the expression “my wedding” from his or her vocabulary and replace it with “our.”

Post # 4
3316 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

If you don’t have a connection with a church otherwise, why get married in one?  Even if you want a religious wedding (other than Catholic), you could just have a minister or other officiant of your choice come to your reception location.

The topic ‘Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors