(Closed) Help? :(

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
3485 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - The Gables Inn, Santa Rosa, CA

Don’t worry too much about it– it looks like the ZIP CODE is correct? This is what the post office uses, not the city name.  

Post # 4
580 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Is it maybe just the way the postal system works?

(removed for security – personal details)

Post # 5
3485 posts
Sugar bee

P.S. 

If you google “Wethersfield, CT 06109” & “hartford, CT 06109” you’ll see that the maps are almost identical– It looks like USPS will get it right.  I really wouldn’t worry.

Post # 6
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@MissBoPeep:  If the zip code is correct it should still reach you, especially if they have the name of the business it’s being sent to. Wait to see where it gets delivered to, which you kind of have to do anyway if it ends up needing to be resent to you. It sounds like they’re going to chase it up with UPS anyway!

Post # 7
83 posts
Worker bee

Plus, if UPS prefilled the city as Hartford with that zip code, you can’t be the first person this has happened to and it must be standard for the zip code. So I wouldn’t worry about it not getting to the right address if I were you- you probably have enough to worry about with a wedding coming up!

Post # 9
11242 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

It’s not going to be returned. If you Google Hartford, CT 06109, it comes up right over Wethersfield. All that really matters is the zip code tbh. We have a neighboring city who has EIGHT zip codes that are 4900x. The city I live in has one of those, and often comes up automatically as the other city. Not a big deal.

ETA: People beat me to it, with pictures even!

Post # 10
580 posts
Busy bee

@MissBoPeep:  Aw don’t worry, it’ll be okay 🙂 Entertain us with pics in mean time?

Post # 11
3771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

I live on a street that is right on the border of two towns; one side of the street is the town we live in, the other side of the street is not.  In shopping online I have encountered several times when I put in my town and whatever system they use asks “are you sure you didn’t mean *other town*?”.  My packages have all made it, though!  It sounds like the guy is looking into it for you at least, but I don’t think it will end up getting lost 🙂  Fingers crossed!

Post # 12
3485 posts
Sugar bee

My guess is Wethersfield used to be a part of Hartford, but when they became their own town, USPS didn’t update their system, and so the “real” Hartford has a different zipcode(s). 

Post # 14
580 posts
Busy bee

@MissBoPeep:  Oooo that’s gorgeous! It’ll be worth the stree when it gets there 🙂

Post # 15
83 posts
Worker bee

@MissBoPeep:  That is so thoughtful and sweet of you to get that ring. It’s very unique! Is he Irish, or did he just like the design?

Post # 16
152 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

As long as the zip code is fine, you’ll get it!  And the ring is beautiful!

Per USPS for your zip code:

The preferred city is: WETHERSFIELD CT

Other acceptable cities: HARTFORD CT

The topic ‘Help? :(’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors