(Closed) HELP!!!!!!!!

posted 5 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
1729 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Maybe there’s a less expensive way to have it taken in, but I’m pretty sure you’ll need to have it taken in. Maybe they can just tack the top instead of re-structuring the whole dress. I would take it to a seamstress and give her your max budget and see what she can do with it.

Post # 4
642 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

How much bigger??

Try a bustier with silicone inserts, sonething like this:

I tried this one on, and it did wonders for the girls, they push them up!  Make sure you put the inserts under your boob, so it pushes it up too

Post # 5
8884 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Double sided tape! One of my BM’s had this problem, bought a push up bra and the dress was still slipping. She spent like $7 on double-sided tape and it held the dress up the entire time.

Post # 6
642 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@Lyndzo:  thats a good idea too!

Post # 7
3039 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I would advice you try to get it fixed! I had a friend who went with tape for her prom dress, and then someone accidentally stepped on the skirt. Major dress failure. You don’t want that to happen on your sisters wedding!

If you really can’t afford paying for it, considering doing it yourself with safety pins:

Use safety pins to fit your dress better for your bust. Try on your dress. Have a friend help gather the extra fabric at the side seams of your dress. Have her pin the dress with safety pins. Take off the dress and measure how much fabric is pinned at the seam. Remove the safety pins. Flip the dress inside out so you can reach the interior side seams. Gather and measure the same amount of fabric as you had pinned on the outside of the dress. Pin the fabric on the inside of the dress. You could also secure the extra fabric with a few small stiches.

Post # 9
3039 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@peace747: Keep us posted – would be nice to hear how you all (!) solve the situation.

The topic ‘HELP!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors