(Closed) Help

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1841 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

First, let me say thanks for your service to our country.  I’m sure you have been missed while you were away. 🙂

Beautiful ring!!  I just looked on the Shane Co website, hoping for the width of the band, and the description did not provide it.  To go at this from another direction:  Do you know your GFs ring size?  If she’s petite, she will probably have smaller fingers, and this might just overwhelm them.  If she’s taller, then even if she wears a small ring size, her fingers are probably long enough to handle something of this size.  Sorry I can’t offer any other help!

Is it important to have a ring when you propose?  If she’s at all particular, perhaps you could choose a ring together?

Post # 5
193 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2004

This ring is lovely.  And, let me say, my husand bought my wedding jewelry from Shane Co 10 years ago and we’ve been very happy with both quality and service.  Congrats on your upcoming engagement!

Post # 6
3553 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@Clueless777:  Do you know what stone shape you plan on getting? That can make a really big difference on how a ring looks depending on her finger shape. I’m 5′ 4″ ring size 6 with short stubby fingers and small hands. I ended up getting an oval because it helps elongate my fingers a bit whereas a round (I tried on my mom’s 3 stone) just emphasized the stubbyness. I have a sapphire so the carat weight is not equivalent to diamond, but my stone is 7mm X 5mm. Here’s what that looks like on a size 6 to give you an idea of finger coverage

I would also guess that the band thickness isn’t too different from the setting you posted either.

Post # 7
1936 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@Clueless777:  I really love that ring, and I think a .8-1.00 ct stone would fit nicely into it. 

I think it would look great on a size 6 finger. A few other questions: does she like “blingy” things? Does she wear jewelry typically? If so, what type? If she doesn’t wear jewelry a lot, and doesn’t like anything flashy, that might be a bit much. However, I think it’s very classy and elegant.

I also want to echo a message of gratitude for your service. Every single member of our military is a hero to me. 

The topic ‘Help’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors