Help! …

posted 3 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
4367 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Hmmm… well it’s not like you are getting married tomorrow, why not have a long engagement?

Post # 4
842 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@Jav4491:  it’s normal, I think, to be nervous to a point. I was your age a year ago when we got engaged, and my husband is 30. To me though, from your post it sounds like you may have been excited to get engaged, not to actually marry someone and commit your life in such a big way like this. 

Like a PP said, you could just have a long engagement, there’s no need to rush into a marriage before you’re sure; however, no matter what, remember that as exciting as getting engaged and having a wedding are, marriage is so much more than that. Make sure you’re ready and take your time planning a wedding. Congrats!

Post # 5
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Jav4491:  I was engaged to a guy and kept having thoughts about how much I wish I could go back to childhood and just enjoy life with no pressure or problems.

We had a HORRIFYINGLY nasty break up 6 months later (after 1.5 years of dating). Not saying it’s going to happen to you, but in hindsight I just wasn’t ready, and that guy was just not quite right for me!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors