Help!!

posted 3 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
Hostess
30313 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@SoonToBeMrsWalker:  Hmm, I kind of feel like you could just tell it to her exactly the way you just did us, that you found someone within your budget, and would really like to have some professional wedding photos done.  I would like to think that she would understand.  I mean, most likely she’ll still have her camera and she’ll be taking photos anyway, so maybe she’ll have no problem with this…is that wishful thinking of me?

Post # 4
477 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@SoonToBeMrsWalker:  

Just be genuine and sincere.  Thank her fervently that she even agreed to shoot your wedding and that you really appreciated her giving you her time.  If she is invited to the wedding, you can tell her she can now play the role of a pure guest and to just enjoy herself.

Honestly, I think she’ll be relieved.  You don’t say if you had a contract, if she was getting paid at all, or if she’s even invited, but photographing a wedding comes with huge responsibilities and pressure, and these only compound when the two of you are friends (no matter how distant).

Post # 5
395 posts
Helper bee

if she wasn’t getting and paid and isn’t a professional photographer at all just tell her you found a pro send her a thank you card with a $20 gift card for sometime she likes 🙂 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors