HELP!!

posted 3 years ago in Grooms/men
Post # 3
Hostess
22135 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2011

Welcome to Weddingbee!

I was in a wedding where the groom’s grandfather was one of his groomsmen. It wasn’t awkward.

What do you mean by a bridal party dance?

Post # 4
6273 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

i never heard of a bridal party dance. just pick who you want to be in the wedding party. whoever you match with can dance for the 2ish minutes and then they never have to touch again.

Post # 5
2913 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Wynn Las Vegas

I don’t see this being a big deal.

Post # 6
64 posts
Worker bee

I would skip the bridal party dance, they are very awkward and uncomfortable. I had to do one for a wedding about 4 years ago and I got death stares ALL NIGHT LONG from the GF of the guy I had to dance with – even when I was dancing with my now H!!

Post # 7
42510 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@akriegel24:  Just make sure that you don’t pick a really slow song. I am presuming that if you are old enough to be getting married, your BM’s are also old enough to be mature and graceful for one dance.

You could also have the B’s and groomsmen switch partners a few times during the bridal party dance.

Post # 8
9532 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Why would it be weird? I would wager that in most weddings there are members of the bridal party that have never met. Not like they’re going on a date. It’s a dance. Honestly, I’d just skip the bridal party dance, but if you really want one, then I don’t see why it would be any more awkward with his dad.

Post # 9
3249 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@akriegel24:  If your sooon to be Father in Law isn’t super creepy, it won’t be a problem.  They have several months to get know each other.  Plan some casual events where the whole wedding party gets together.  Doesn’t have to be a big deal; can just be pizza and a movie at someone’s house, or whatever.

Post # 10
2302 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

@akriegel24:  just don’t have a bridal party dance. it’s always sooo awkward, and i’ve hated doing it when i’ve been a bridesmaid. also between mother son dance, father daughter dance, and the couple’s first dance, i don’t think your guests are going to want to sit through another bridal party dance!

i think it’s cool he wants his dad – just cut the dance!

Post # 11
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Is it more important to you to have a bridal party dance or more important that your fiance gets to pick his own groomsmen? Which will lead to fewer hurt feelings and less potential bitterness and resentment?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors