HELP!!!

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2162 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I would do both. I mean, as long as it’s not going too far out of your way to go try on similar styles, you should totally do it. And since THE dress is so hard to find, it wouldn’t hurt to try on other styles…who knows, you might surprise yourself and fall in love with something else!

Post # 4
2057 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - British Columbia

OP, where in Australia are you? Are you dead-set on having an authentic AA? You could try having pictures of THE dress brought to a seamstress; either in-person or online. The former is probably a better route as it’s a lot easier to tweak as the dress-making process goes. However, it wouldn’t be an AA — so, it depends on whether you are going for the style and brand (or just the style).

Post # 6
2057 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - British Columbia

If I were in your shoes, I would find similar silhouettes to the AA dress that you love before deciding to order one either from an AA affliated store or from Jasmine.

Things to consider if a dress looks good on you:
– Natural Waist versus Drop Waist
– Mermaid/Fit and Flare/Trumpet versus A-line or Sheath
– Preferred Neckline
– Empire-waist versus no belts
– Corset back versus zipper-back: do you have any attendants to help you get into a corset laced dress?
– Lots of “bling” versus understated
– Satin versus non-satin
– Budget for alterations

Try them all before you decide to go with the desired AA. 🙂 Then, you won’t have to entertain dress regret if you do commit to go with THE dress!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors