posted 3 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Should I thin my E-Ring band to 2mm?
    Yes :) : (40 votes)
    85 %
    No, leave it alone! : (7 votes)
    15 %
  • Post # 2
    954 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

HazelElise:  It is quite thick. Thicker than I would like, so if it were me I would get it thinned down a bit.

Post # 3
    1171 posts
    Bumble bee

Firat of all, that is some gorgeous bling you’ve got there! Yummy. That said, I had a thick band ering and I did reset into a thinner one so I completely understand. And I think it will make your center pop!

Post # 4
    2455 posts
    Buzzing bee

HazelElise:  I have a 2mm and I really like it and prefer the thinner band and I think it’d make your center stone look bigger. It is beautiful though.

However, I can’t relate the thickness to the shortness of your finger, as you describe, because in the picture your fingers are bent…

Post # 5
    3230 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: February 1997

If the band is thinned, will the diamond bands sit flush with it? If there isn’t room under the basket for the bands, then it will do little good to thin the band as the rings will take up about the same amount of real estate on your finger as before. Additionally, some rings can be thinned without issue while others cannot, so I’d ask your jeweler before getting attached to the idea. For the sake of structural integrity, you may want to just put the stone in a new setting.

Post # 6
    6194 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

I would definitely put it on a thinner band, but it might be better just to pick a new setting since you’re going to have to change basically everything. maybe you can trade in the metal or find something else to put in this one!

Post # 7
    150 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

I think it’d look better if you removed the top band. That should look pretty good in the short time. Otherwise yes, I think it would look good if you got a new setting. 

Post # 8
    4910 posts
    Honey bee

HazelElise:  Wow! Gorgeous, gorgeous set! Your set, overall, is pretty thick. But I like a thicker band/set … so I find it very pretty. I think it looks good on your hand, from what I can tell. It might be easier to see details regarding thickness relative to the length of your finger if your fingers weren’t bent in the picture.

At the same time, I think it would also be beautiful if you got the band of your ERing thinned down a little bit. I truly don’t think you can go wrong, no matter what you decide to do. It will be beautiful either way.

I think the bottom line is whether the set is comfortable for you. If it’s comfortable like it is, I don’t think leaving it alone is a bad idea. If it is uncomfortable for you, then you should definitely thin the band.

(I know. I was no help at all. >.O)

Post # 9
    789 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

Very pretty ring!  I don’t think it looks bad, but if you want it thinner, why not?  It will fit differently though, and probably feel looser.

Post # 10
    705 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

HazelElise:  That’s a beautiful set and I would definitely keep it and go for a thinner band, but that’s just me! Do you mind sharing the specs on your wedding bands?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors