Help!

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
3419 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

that is a lot of money….if it were me? I’d keep my mouth shut. You will love your ring you can always get a yellow diamond wedding band to pair with it! or maybe a yellow diamond RHR 🙂

Post # 3
13 posts
Newbee

I would just stay quiet for now…then when he gives you the ring, you can causually ask questions and say maybe I want yellow? If it’s custom made I doubt you can return it…in that case I’d just keep it as it is. Maybe at a later date you can get those replaced as an upgrade.

Post # 4
161 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

OOOH, be grateful and keep it quiet. Don’t rock the boat, love the rock. 

Post # 5
1108 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

Why have you changed your mind?

Post # 6
905 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

If your absolutely sure you would rather have yellow then say it! 15K??? That is way too much money to spend on a ring you won’t absolutely love. I’d tell him before it’s too late. He will be so upset if he spends that kind of money and finds out AFTER that you wanted something else more….not to mention you would sound incredibly ungrateful

Post # 8
905 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I don’t think it will hurt him as long as he has time to change it. I’m sure he wants you to absolutely love your ring and have exactly what you want! Maybe mention it to your mom and have her mention you have really been wanting a yellow halo instead??

Post # 9
2584 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2006

Etassy:  If there is enough time left, I would honestly tell him that you changed your mind. I think the yellow diamonds would be really pretty. So, maybe ask for the yellow middle stone, or leave the diamond and all, just do the outer halo in yellow. Or, wouldnt it be super pretty to do the white diamond middle, halo next to it in yellow, and outer halo white diamonds??? That would be really pretty! And, than have yellow stone wedding bands next to it. SO NICE! 

Post # 11
2584 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2006

Like this..

Post # 12
1154 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I’d wait and see it in person first, and if you don’t like it in person you should just tell him and get the ring you want.  $15K is too much for a piece of jewelry you aren’t truly in love with in my opinion, and I’m sure he just wants you to have what will make you happy!  

Post # 13
3394 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Etassy:  Why can’t your Mom tell him???

Post # 15
1762 posts
Buzzing bee

Etassy:  This is a sticky situation!! I unknowingly stressed my FI out with my comments regarding what kind of e-ring I wanted before we got engaged! I didn’t know that my ring was already in the works, and had I known, I doubt that I would’ve made so many confusing back and forth statements! One minute I loved halos, and the next I thought that they were too popular and common lol

My FI basically said what an above poster said, it’s too much money to spend on something that you don’t absolutely love. I’m sure he wants you to be COMPLETELY satisfied and 100% happy, especially after he took the time to get you the ring he thought you wanted. Since you “technically” don’t know details about the ring yet (thanks mom!), why don’t you casually bring up the fact that you are loving yellow diamonds and have been actually dreaming about having one in your e-ring. You can then gauge his response. If he starts  frantically asking you a million questions, he probably is trying to find out exactly what you are talking about so he can change it before it’s too late!! I would only do this if you are absolutely sure that you would really be happier with something other than what he already got. Like I mentioned above, I unintentionally stressed my poor FI out by changing my mind so much lol!

Good luck!!! Your ring sounds like it’s going to be AMAZING!! I can’t wait to see photos!!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors