posted 3 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 2
1644 posts
Bumble bee

I would not worry too hard about “socially acceptable”, in that having R.s.v.p. cards in the first place is a “weddingism” that high sticklers for good etiquette tolerate only grudgingly, and if your respondents were particularly worried about the “socially acceptable” they would have discarded the cards and written politely on their own stationery that “Mr John Smith and Ms Jane Jones / accept with pleasure the kind invitation of / Miss Thompson” — or, at the very least, they would have filled in the paperwork that you sent them.

Have a look at your guest-list, cross off the people who actually did do the paperwork properly, and to the rest send a quick hand-written note (best choice) or individual email or individual facebook message — no mass mailouts allowed in social correspondence, but no-one will know if you cut-and-paste the main text — to the effect that “I got a reply-card from someone who forgot to write their name on the reply, so I don’t know who sent it. I haven’t received a reply with your name on it yet — could that one have been yours? I am looking forward to seeing you at our wedding. Love, Megan”

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors