posted 2 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 2
7531 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Hannahdnea:  Hi, I’m not sure what you want for advice.  You may want to make a tentative budget range, and a tentative guest list to start.  Figure out what your top 3 priorities are.  At least that is how I’d start.  Check out a local travel agent for honeymoon advice.  

Post # 3
769 posts
Busy bee

We are going to Bora Bora for our honeymoon in 9/15 for 10 days. Costco has great deals for vacation packages.

Post # 4
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Hannahdnea:  well not sure exactly what you mean by advice but I will try and help out as much as I can.

One of the first thing you are going to want to work on is finding a venue. Depending on what area you are from andwhat type of place you are looking for many places are already bookin? have booked up for 2016 dates. My fiance and I just booked our venue last friday and several of the places we had looked at for our May wedding had on or around our date already; just a warning.

Part of finding a venue is figuring out a general idea of how many people you are going to want/ need at your wedding. Do you want a small intimate wedding with about 100 people or less? Or do you want a large event of the year wedding with 500-600 people? Step one, figure out how many people are in just your family and his family (aunts uncles cousins grandparents) and than work from there.

Second, I would start getting a general idea of what you like in a dress. Start looking online to get a general idea of wedding dress styles and lingo. Maybe go to a couple of store with the intention of not buying anything and just browse and see what you like. What fabrics do you think are nice? Do you like the look of lace?

While you are looking at wedding dresses you can also take a glance at some bridesmaids dresses. Keep in mind that people have very different body types and what looks good on one person does not necesarily look good on another.

Hope that helps….I haven’t really gotten any further than that so I can’t really help any futher but when I get to my next step I will keep you updated 🙂

Happy Planning

Post # 5
689 posts
Busy bee

Hannahdnea:  Those destinations are very different, i think you should narrow it down. Maybe do some research and figure out if you want a beach destination or more sightseeing. That will help a lot. Also how much is your budget for the honeymoon. Tahiti is very expensive.

Post # 6
746 posts
Busy bee

I have been to Bora Bora. It’s amazing! But Bora Bora and Italy are two very different destinations. What kinds of things do you two like to do when you travel? How busy do you want to be? Bora is very laid back, while Italy is all about history, culture and food. They’re both amazing choices, but very, very different. 

Post # 7
825 posts
Busy bee

Hey there! I’m a 2016 bride! We’ve booked half of our honeymoon (1 week out of 2) — the other half doesn’t open for reservations until April of 2015.

We looked into Bora Bora but decided not to because a) it’s kind of expensive to go ($2000/person economy) and takes a long time (20-30 hours from the midwest) and is even more expensive to stay. We decided early on that we could either do a really awesome honeymoon closer and still save money OR a shorter honeymoon in Bora Bora. We opted for the longer and nicer one. Our budget for travel and hotel (not food or activites) is around $10-12k.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors