Post # 1
DC/Northern VA brides: Looking for recommendations for good/reasonable priced bridal shops in the DC/Northern VA area. My dress budget is 2,000-3,000 and interested in designers such as (but not limited to) Maggie Sottero,Mori Lee, Sophia Tolli and David Tutera for Mon Cheri. Any advice on where to go, what places have big selections, etc is much appreciated! 🙂
Post # 2
Global bridal gallery in Old Town is great, they have Sophia Tolli and David Tutera. Even if you just want to browse, do not go to Hannelore’s..such a terrible experience.
Post # 3
Thank you! I’ll check that place out. Yea I’ve seen alot of bad reviews for Hannelore’s so defintely staying away from there! Any thoughts on Brides by Natalie in Alexandria?
Post # 4
I went to both Ellie’s Bridal and Katherine’s Bridal in Alexandria. Katherine’s was AWFUL. They didn’t listen to what I wanted in regards to style or price at all (was looking for a blush ballgown in the $2,000-$2,500 range and they put me in a white white mermaid, WHAT?!).
Ellie’s was great and had my runner up choice for a dress – huge selection, very helpful staff. I know mulitple brides who have gotten dresses from Ellie’s so I would definitely try them!
Post # 5
- Wedding: October 2014 - Legare Waring House
Lovely Bride in Georgetown carries some smaller lines, but that’s where I got my beauty from 🙂
Post # 6
If you are willing to go trek Maryland, P.Lawrence in Gaithersburg carries Maggie and I think Mon Cheri.
Post # 7
Mpike: I second Ellie’s and Lovely Bride – I didn’t end up getting my dress from either – but good experiences and definitely in your price range.
Post # 8
Thanks! Did any of you try out Brides by Natalie in Alexandria as well?
Post # 9
Bobbie’s Bridal Boutique in Fairfax, awesome selection, nice people and excellent customer service
11258 James Swart Cir, Fairfax, VA 22030
Post # 10
- Wedding: December 2014 - The Villa
Mpike: Cherry Blossom Bridals is great… the cater to plus sized (bridal 10+) women but they carry most sample sizes.
Post # 11
Mpike: Hey! I believe Lovely Bride is having a sample sale today. Cherry Blossom Bridal (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THEM!) is participating in White Weekend and has 10% off Maggie dresses this weekend. Per their facebook page, they also have a sample sale coming up. While they specialize in bridal samples 10+, they can order any size. They also do not pressure you about ordering and have good insight into bridal fit. I ordered my dress there (Allure Romance), and ended up paying $200 LESS than I saw it in a bridal store in Old Town. I was prepared to spend up to $2500-2750 for my dress, but ended up with a beautiful dress for about $1,000.
Ellie’s has more affordable lines, but I found the store kind of frumpy. I know some people rave about that place, so maybe I just hit it on a bad day? The dressing rooms are SO small, the person I was working with was unattentive, and you have to share a mirror space with others. It’s not the worst experience I had (*cough*cough*Hannelore’s*)… But it’s also not a great bridal experience. It definitely was not a “fun” experience.
There is also a bride’s against breat cancer event coming to DC soon… You may want to check that out? I’ve heard of brides getting awesome designer gowns at a good price at those events.
If you are closer to a sample size, you should also check out Fabulous Frocks in Alexandria (Del Ray)… They get some gorgeous dresses in stock. Some of them are samples from other places, and some are gently used. Worth checking out! I know you mentioned specific brands/designers, but you may check their website to see if any dresses they have in stock strike your fancy!
OmbreBee: I’m happy someone else had a bad experience there. Horrible, horrible place.
Post # 12
Mpike: One more! I never personally visited this store, but I have seen some photos of other brides married at my venue who have purchased their gowns here: House of JonLei Atelier. All of those brides have had drop dead gorgeous dresses. That shop carries David Tuttera and Sophia Tolli.
Post # 13
Any one try 4Everly After in Old Town? What did you think?
Post # 14
Mpike: Dress shopping is so fun – how exciting for you!!! I bought my Jenny Packham from Rizik’s, though they are not exactly reasonably-priced. Still, the service was impeccable and the dresses are to die for. If you have the ability to wait for a trunk show, definitely attend one. They offer some wonderful discounts (which I was able to “afford” a JP).
I also went to Nordstrom (meh), Lovely in Georgetown (meh), and Hannelore’s in Old Town (decent). I was really impressed by Hannelore’s selection, though it wasn’t the same level of service as Rizik’s.
Best of luck to you!!
Post # 15
- Wedding: August 2015 - country club in Michigan
Pretty sure I answered this on theknot for you, but here goes (with some updated info):
- Global Bridal in Alexandria had amazing customer service, and a great selection of dresses. I bought my dress here and it was under your budget. I was sooooo impressed by the sales person and owner. Tons of ideas, recommendations, and they really listened to me. They definitely carry David Tuttera and Mori Lee, along with a bunch of other brands. My dress was Jasmine Couture, which was a brand I hadn’t even heard of before walking into the store.
- Ellies Bridal in Alexandria: I went here twice now. The first time it was by far the WORST customer service of any store I went to. I had an appt, but the consultant made me pick my own dresses from the rack without offering to help, and came up with no ideas outside of the 5 dresses I picked. They also kicked me out of my fitting room after 45 min, and lost my socks in the process. I went back to try on a dress I liked a second time, and they were REALLY helpful, but the store was also empty. So…I recommend going here only when it’s really slow so that you get good service. Saturday morning was a zoo and not worth it.
- Fabulous Frocks in Del Ray Alexandria is great. Big selection below $3k, but since its consignment designer and sample gowns, sizing can be an issue if you’re plus size. I tried on some amazing vera wang, lazarro, and monique lhuillier gowns there that I loved, and all of them were between $1,800-$3,000.
- The Bridal Boutique in Columbia md. Huge selection, great service, and great prices. They carry Maggie Sotterro, Mori Lee, Casablanca, and a number of other great brands. Little bit of a drive from northern VA, but the selection is HUGE, and the staff were super friendly and helpful. Totally worth the drive for me.
Also, check BHLDN in Georgetown. Unique dresses, and good service. But you need to schedule the appointment pretty far in advance.