(Closed) Help! Can Justin Alexander 9552 dress be let out a bit?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I just saw this post and thought I’d chime in since JA9552 was my dress!

First of all, congrats on choosing the most amazing dress… EVER :). No, but seriously, this dress is amazing!

My recommendation to you is this. 1) Modify your diet, get rid of all sugar (including corn syrup, fructose, etc), simple carbs, drink lots of water (get rid of soft drinks, juices, and only drink non-fat milk) and if nothing else walk at least 20-40 min. a day. This alone will make you loose a good chunk of weight and pretty quickly as well. 

2) Do you you can to loose those few pounds because if it’s at least to the bust you’re in good shape. That’s where we tend to loose weight first :). 

3) If necessary, next month get it altered. Because of the silk satin and lace… it can be let out but there may be imperfections in the fabric from stitching. Another option would be to make it a corset though it would render the jacket un-useable. I altered my jacket for the ceremony.

Let me know (via PM) if you have any questions on it. I’ve been stalking the dress for a few years and am still blown away that I wore it on my wedding day!

You can see lots of pics of my dress in my bio

and my alterations thread here

2nd fitting – Major rework – lots of pics!

Post # 5
1 posts

Hi fne87!

i know you post is old, but i have the SAME problem that you had with your dress (and other brides beware of Justin Alexander dresses!).

I bought the style 8666 and it fits everywhere perfecly BUT it won’t close because the underbust measurement is the same size of the waist measurement!

I wrote to Justin Alexander and they didn’t give a damn about it, so i found your thread on google and thought of asking how you solved the problem and if there was a seam allowance of 5-6 cm. They didn’t even tell me how much exactly their seam allowance is and i am really sad, since i will probably not even be able to sell it, since the person would have to measure about 65 cm at the underbust, which is almost impossible 🙁 I have 71 cm and the zip won’t close by about 6 cm :-‘(

Thanks for any advice!

The topic ‘Help! Can Justin Alexander 9552 dress be let out a bit?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors