(Closed) HELP. Decorating stairs & benches for wedding?

posted 6 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
1471 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

i think the benches are fine! maybe do some shepards hooks with masonjars holding flowers at the start of every other bench on either side of the aisle?   You could wrap some type of ribbon or greenery around the black bars, have flower petals outlining the sidewalk on each side?  You could also do lanterns with candles!  there are lots of options, it will be beautiful ๐Ÿ™‚

*careful with your dress and those stairs, I tripped twice walking outside inthe grass, once over a root and once on my dress, the grass made my dress seem a bit longer!

Post # 5
46258 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Are you up for some dramatic DIY? You could line the railing with giant paper flowers.

Find something more earthy to use for paper- kraft paper, butcher paper etc

or a simpler DIY-bolssom garland

Here are some other ideas:

simple swags are very elegant: you can use burlap or another fabric for a rustic tone for any of the fabric ideas

garland can be decorated with seasonal flowers

potted plants are easy and effective

There are some pics in this post:

Decorating a staircase! Help!! photos included!

Post # 6
46258 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I like the simplicity of the benches. I would do something simple like mason jars of wild flowers at the end of the benches. This pic shows a lace runner on the bench, but the challenge with that is if you have to deal with wind. You can buy plastic lace runners which would have a bit more weight to them.

Post # 7
635 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I think the benches are fine on their own but if u co something, I’d do the shepherds hooks with jars of flowers off the hooks. (I bought my hooks at the dollar tree.) as for the railing, try to keep it simple so that when u are walking in ppl are looking at you and not your decor. Maybe try Lights? And if u dont like the look of that wrap the lights in tulle and wrap around the railing? Or burlap and no lights. Or simpler, pics hanging from clothespins like this

Post # 8
11273 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

i love the pictures that @julies1949 posted.  especially the big flowers.  how dramatic.

Post # 9
30 posts

i absolutely LOVE the lace on the benches, unsure of how to properly do this because of the chance of wind. I will probably twist the bars in a moss and twig kind of way. ๐Ÿ™‚ Anyone see this done? I need something very rustic.

The topic ‘HELP. Decorating stairs & benches for wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors