(Closed) HELP!!! I need job offer advice!!! Stuck….

posted 5 years ago in Career
Post # 5
Member
1750 posts
Buzzing bee

@AlbanianBride27:  Any time an offer is extended you usually have a period of time to reflect on the offer. A couple of days is normal. If you must “accept” the first offer due to timing, do so. A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush. However, if you get offered the job at the high school you can accept it but you will need to have a meeting and decline the initial offer. Please explain how you really appreciate them and the opportunity. Never ever burn a bridge, you never know what will happen in the future.

Post # 6
Member
427 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’ve never been in this position before so I won’t be able to give you any first hand experience. I don’t see anything wrong with waiting a few days to give them your answer. While you don’t want to make them wait too long, waiting until Tuesday or so isn’t that big of a deal. You want to make sure you make the right decision, so it’s not something that should be rushed.

Post # 7
Member
2622 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Its tough because its the weekend now, but what I would normally do is email the job you want letting them you know have an offer, but their school system and job is your desire and #1 priority. Then ask them if they would be able to give you a decision sooner otherwise you will have to accept the other position.

But since you likely wont get a response I would accept the offer. Teacher jobs are scarce and there is a good chance you may not be the best candidate for the job you want becuase so many qualified candidates are out there so its better to play the odds.

The topic ‘HELP!!! I need job offer advice!!! Stuck….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors