Help! Ideas needed for Destination Wedding Oct 2014

posted 3 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
294 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

We’re cruising via Royal Caribbean to Cozumel out of Fort Lauderdale, getting married at a resort in Cozumel, and then cruising back to Florida. It’s just a 4 Night Cruise, but it’s actually cheaper per person including the flight to Florida from Kansas than to fly directly to Cozumel, with the all inclusive benefits! A few people are flying directly to Cozumel b/c of time/work constraints or boat-phobias. Our wedding will be in January.

Post # 4
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2015

@TrishandBrettAreGettingHitched:  While it’s impossible to guarantee that a location will be hurricane-free, Curcacao is the Caribbean island hit by hurricanes with the least frequency.

Post # 5
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@TrishandBrettAreGettingHitched:  As far as hurricane free destinations go, you may be out of luck if you want to stay on the east side.  Hurricane season isn’t generally over until December, but there usually isn’t as many hurricanes after September.  

If you want to be for certain, I’d either pick something below the Gulf of Mexico, like in South America, or pick something further inland in Mexico.  

Costa Rica and Belize are both beautiful, and they speak English in Belize.  Wish I could help you on the resort front.  My parents stayed at all inclusive resorts in Jamaica and Costa Rica and I can ask where if you want.

Post # 7
1830 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

We are getting married in Aruba this October and one of the reasons we chose it was that it is below the hurricane belt and it doesn’t rain very often at all on the island. The weather is pretty much always warm and sunny! The only thing though is that there aren’t that any all inclusive resorts in Aruba and the ones I know of don’t have as good reviews as the non all-inclusives ones. Plus, Aruba is a bit on the expensive side compared to let’s say Mexico.

But if you want an absolutely beautiful location with little to no chances of rain, Aruba is the place to go!

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi! We are going to an all inclusive resort in Jamaica where my parents go every year for our honeymoon! Leaving the day after the wedding (10-4-14 Smile) and I heard its gorgeous in October! A small chance of rain, but its their off season, so not as many tourists! And not hurricane season yet. Always a plus for both. My parents have seen weddings while there, they tend to go in February to escape the pennsylvania winters though lol

Just a thought 🙂 It’s called the Grand Palladium!

Hope your day is great!

Post # 9
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Hello!

I had my wedding at the end of October of 2013 at the Moon Palace in Cancun! Our wedding day was made very special due to the wonderful photographer we had! If any of you are looking for some wonderful and affordable photography for your wedding in Cancun, Playa del Carmen, or Riviera Maya then you must check out Octavio Montes!! 

Here is a link to some of his work http://www.OctavioMontes.com!

Octavio and his assistant made my wedding day stress free. They were very easy to work with over the internet through email when planning the details of my day. The day of the wedding he showed up early and prepared to shoot! He was so comfortable to work with and had wonderful ideas for all the pictures! He really captured the essence of my wedding day and SO many people reviewing my wedding album were ABOVE impressed with the beautiful pictures I had to show them! 

There were a few things that really impressed me with Octavio. First, he stayed later then the time we had originally allotted for our pictures. The priest was a bit late to the wedding so he actually stayed longer to finish taking pictures and for no charge! Second was how fast he returned our photos to us. Our wedding was on Monday and we were flying home Saturday. He had emailed me access to my link of pictures and we were able to choose all the ones we wanted, email him back, and he had our printed pictures to us before we left Cancun. So thankful for his prompt service! We greatly appreciated it. Lastly, our pictures are gorgeous!!

Not only does he have affordable prices, but he also offers 10% off on photography services for brides!! My husband and I have no regrets for our choice of wedding photography  :lol: 

Also we got married at the Moon Palace Resort and Spa in Cancun, Mexico and we LOVED the resort and the wedding. Everyone there is soo friendly and helpful. The wedding coordinator, Leidi Laura, made our day extra special and she was a breeze to work with. I would recommend that resort to anyone who is looking for a destination wedding!

Breanna

Post # 10
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Thinking of moving our DR wedding to August/September 2014 and I’m nervous about hurricanes too. Think we’re just going to go on a hope and a prayer.

Post # 11
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

We are getting married in Roatan Honduras.  Its a small island about 30 miles off the coast of honduras. Lots of expats, and tourists go there for the scuba diving and white sand beaches. The island is tucked in an area that rarely sees hurricanes. I found a wonderful wedding planner that we are using that has taken care of all the planning for us. She is very detail orientated. “Roatan events wedding planner” you can find her on Facebook.  Miami has direct flights to Roatan also. A plus for you. Im coming from Oregon so it will take most of a day for us to get there. If your interested. Good luck!

Post # 12
151 posts
Blushing bee

We are planning to go to Turks & Caicos for October! Like PP said, hurricane season technically isn’t over but October seems to generally be pretty safe. Our resort isn’t AI though, so I’m thinking somewhere like Jamaica might have more options for you if that’s really important.

Post # 12
36 posts
Newbee

[content moderated for self-promo]

Post # 13
42538 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

allyd :  Do you work for this website or one of the venues? You keep resuscitating dead threads from years ago to post the same link.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors