(Closed) HELP! Mail Merging for Labels and/or Envelopes from Excel to Word 2007!

posted 5 years ago in Technology
Post # 3
410 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Are you using the “mail merge wizard” in Word? That’s what I use at work and I rarely have problems when doing labels.

Post # 5
3583 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

There is a tab to the right that says match fields. Make sure that the entre sheet says the same merge codes and then hit finish and merge.

Post # 6
3583 posts
Sugar bee

2007 is really confusing, by the way. I always get stuck at that step!! And the wizard never works for me, for some reason.

Post # 7
410 posts
Helper bee

Did you click “update all labels” in step 4? Then in step 6 you should click “edit individual labels” & then click “all” in the pop-up box.It should then open all your labels in a new document. (At least that’s what it does with the version of Word I’m using, which is 2010. Not sure if 2007 is different.)

Post # 8
451 posts
Helper bee

Oh, I have to do this for my work, too.  I am not entirely sure where you are, but have you clicked the Address Block button?  Unless you have designated where you want the information to go it won’t show up.

Post # 9
8884 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I am so terrible at explaining this kind of stuff. It took me a while to get it with 2007 (cause 2007 is weird). My best advice is to look up a youtube tutorial, that’s what I did 🙂

Post # 11
3583 posts
Sugar bee

@BellaDee:  Ahhh yes. There is a merge code that continues the merge, but you have to place it after the last merge code in the first cell. Frick. I think its continue it something…

ETA- I think it’s ‘next’ actually. 

Post # 13
410 posts
Helper bee

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. Maybe you can google “how to use mail merge in Word 2007” and see if you can find some info there. Good luck!

Post # 16
3583 posts
Sugar bee

Now that I figured it out at work it’s too late. Holler when you’re in a bind again, okay?

The topic ‘HELP! Mail Merging for Labels and/or Envelopes from Excel to Word 2007!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors