Help me!!! Allure 8966 vs Maggie Sottero Primrose

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
1266 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I prefer the ruffles of the Maggie Sottero, but I’m not a fan of how far down the corset goes. I think you need to try both on!

Post # 3
1157 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

chapara09:  It really depends on what kind of ruffles you like!  The Allure’s have a finished edge that keeps them standing up and perky, while the Maggie’s are more of an unfinished edge.

You’ll have to try them both on!

Post # 4
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

IMO Allure! I prefer the ruffles of this dress over the other. To me they look more organised, but thats just my OCD I think, haha. As PP have said, you do need to try them on..Maybe post pics so we can see them on.

Post # 5
535 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I like the Maggie. The ruffles are too played out

Post # 6
4015 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Allure

Post # 7
553 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I am a maggie bride. Here is the dress on me…. (a real person, rather than a model)

Post # 8
247 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

chapara09:  You should try mine: Allure 8971…more ruffles than the Primrose, but not as structured as Allure 8966:

Post # 9
1136 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

chapara09:  I ordered the Primrose so obviously that’s my vote! 😉 i’m not a huge fan of the ruffles on the first but that’s just my preference! Just as a side note, I’m having the corset replaced with an invisible zip and buttons running down the back (like this!) .. just an idea for you 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  Miss_E_xx.
Post # 12
1136 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

chapara09:  don’t mind at all! although I don’t know if I can be much help as I live outside the US and this dress is costing me double here what it costs over there!

But here it’s approx $5 per button and I think I need about 25?? all up I think my alterations will come to $250-$300 with the zip/buttons, fittings etc.!

Dress + alterations + veil + fishtail hoop (which I absolutely 100% recommend it makes SUCH a difference and stops the dress getting tangled between your legs! I tried with and without, its so worth it!) total is $3K 🙂 My dream dress is the VW Gemma but I can’t get it here so the Primrose was the closest I could find! It’s very flattering and I LOVE it!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors