Post # 1
Things you should know:
1) I wear hijab, so matching sleeves would be added to the first dress and a nicer headscarf will be worn.
2) My wedding will be at a banquet hall. The inspiration is Marie Antoinette: pretty, feminine, pastels, gold..that kinda thing.
3) I unfortunately don’t have pictures of me in the second dress because it’s an $11,000 dress from a high end salon that doesn’t allow pictures. If I choose this dress, I would go the repica route (jasmine’s) and it would end up being cheaper.
4) I’ve always been obsessed with big ball gowns so if I choose the White by Vera Wang, any suggestions on how to make it poofier?
Here we go.
First Dress: White by Vera Wang
Here is it with a short veil and then a long.
Second Dress: Oscar de la Renta (replica)
For reference, this is what poofy dresses look like on me:
Post # 3
@bossypants: I like the Oscar the best, but if you did go with the Vera, and wanted to make it poofier, you could get a crinoline to put underneath. Understand that it’s never going to make it look like a ballgown. The cut of the dress just wouldn’t allow that.
Post # 6
I like the first one best. It looks good on you in the pic, and the extra coverings “go” with it. The second dress to me seems like you’d be too covered and poofy and hidden behind all of that.
Post # 7
@AirForceWife78: Definitely, I agree..I just want it to be as poofy as possible lol
@TorontoBride2be: Since you guys are choosing Oscar, do you think that it will still be as beautiful as a replica?
Post # 9
You look beautiful in both but I am liking the vera the best!
Post # 10
@bossypants: well a replica will never look exactly like the original. if youre worried or a very picky bride then i would go with the VW.
Post # 11
i love the ocsar de la renta dress but i also love that 3rd dress you posted to show what a poofy dress looks like on you. it looks fabulous and is so pretty!!
Post # 12
@CarpefnDiem: Yea I’m definitely picky lol so we’ll see
@calibee79: Thank you! It was super pretty in person but I think it’s a little too simple for me..I’m all about busy and over the top. I’m THAT bride! haha
Post # 13
@bossypants: you’re welcome! i think you should go for the oscar replica then. it won’t be exactly like the original but i think it’ll be pretty close. it’s such a gorgeous dress!
Post # 14
the oscar is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!
i think a replica could still be super pretty but not identical. but it doesn’t have to be identical to be stunning!
Post # 15
I think the second one would be easier, but I think the shape of the first one is more flattering on you!
Post # 16
- Wedding: October 2014 - Savannah, GA
That Oscar de la Renta is incredible! I would definitely take the risk and get the replica made.