- 3 years ago
- Wedding: October 2013
Hi Bees! It’s 30 days away…aaaaaahhhhh!
I’d love some thoughts on my timeline, which is still very much in flux. We have an 8-hour rental at our venue, which requires the first two hours to be used for setup and the last hour for breakdown, leaving us 5 usable hours for ceremony and reception. What I’m hoping, for the sake of flow, is to front-load the reception with most of the “wedding-y” things, after dinner but before dancing, so as not to have too many interruptions for the party.
- 4:00 pm: venue rental starts, setup period begins
- 4:30-5:30: first look, family portraits (we both have small families)
- 6:00 ceremony starts
- 6:10-6:15: ceremony ends (super short), guests move from lawn to tent
- 6:15: cocktail hour begins
- 7:15: cocktail hour ends, guests move inside venue
- 7:20-7:40ish: buffet dinner served (70-80 guests, caterer is super efficient)
- (7:30-8:00, B&G sit at sweetheart table to eat dinner; 8:00-8:30, B&G circulate to greet guests)
- 8:30: toasts
- 8:40: first dance, then combined parent dance
- 8:50: general dancing starts
- 9:15: cake cutting, coffee service starts
- 10:00: bouquet toss
- 10:30: last call
- 11:00: guests depart, breakdown period begins
- midnight: venue rental ends
We’re not even sure if we’re doing toasts, as we decided to skip a bridal party to keep things simple. So that item may or may not stay on the timeline, depending on whether FH wants to ask his best friend to say a few words, in which case I might ask mine to do the same.
Other than that uncertainty, how did I do? Am I leaving enough time for everything?