Help! My allure 8634 is in, kinda hate it :(

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
3250 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@msmaddox:  First off, you don’t look like a whale. Secondly, don’t discount what a talented seamstress can do with alterations. It’s very rare for a wedding dress to fit perfectly as is, especially a dress with straps.

I think the lace on the dress is absolutely gorgeous and gives you a very defined waistline.

Post # 5
730 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014 - South Bonson Pier & Community Centre

@msmaddox:  It’s hard to see with your hair like that – but it looks like there’s a lot of excess fabric up top. I’m sure a tailor will get it to sit properly. I love the overall look of it, though. how are you going to wear your hair?

Post # 6
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

You don’t look like a whale!!!

What about your hairstyle? 

Post # 7
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

You don’t look like a whale at all! I think a good seamstress should be able to alter the top nicely. If anything else, I would see if she could also nip in the sides around the thighs/knees to give it a more trumpet/mermaid shape. 

Post # 8
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

Like other PP’s said, you don’t look like a whale at all!!! The dress is gorgeous! I do think with some altering around the top. I do think you look a little bit top heavy but like other people said, snip in the sides by the thighs to give it a more trumpet feel or even possibly adding a crinoline underskit to give the bottom volume as well ,and it will be stunning! I love the v’neck too!

Post # 9
624 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

It’s tough to see in the pic but I think the top is way too big for you, and it is making the empire waistline not sit just under your breasts but below where it should be. Talk to your seamstress! It may only need a simple adjustment.

Cover with something the top of the dress in that pic and look at the rest of you. You don’t look like a whale.

Post # 10
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I think it looks beautiful! The lace looks awesome!

The right seamstress will make your dress fit more perfectly than any other item you’ve ever worn. Also, it looks like your shoulders are a bit forward, do you have a better pic of you standing tall with your hair back? Posture can make a so-so dress look amazing, so remember to stand tall and smile!

Post # 11
26 posts
Newbee

I think it’s beautiful, and you will like it better once it is altered to fit you perfectly! 🙂

On another note, please please don’t drive and post stuff on your phone. it’s incredibly unsafe for not only you, but other drivers. It’s very thoughtless :/

Post # 14
730 posts
Busy bee

@msmaddox:  that’s pretty. i love the curls. I was thinking that a curly side pony would be really cute with this – to show off the lovely straps and your neck. just my two cents!

Post # 16
730 posts
Busy bee

@msmaddox:  can’t wait to see photos!! you’re going to be stunning. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors