- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2012
This is a very tough issue for me. I got engaged in June and the wedding is October of next year. My sister started dating this guy in the beginning of June and about a week later when I got engaged is when I asked her to be my Maid/Matron of Honor. She was super excited and we couldnt wait to start planning. For the first few months we tried meeting up together but she was never available, she always dropped everything for her boyfriend. When I finally hit the one year mark for the wedding I sat down with her and voiced my concerns. My concerns are that she is never avaliable and when I say never I am not exaggerating, she doesnt answer my calls or texts and when i send her info on the wedding she never gets back to me as far as ideas and what not. I tell her I am setting up a metting to meet with something for wedding and she gets mad, so I postpone it for a day convient for her and at the last minute she never comes through. I asked her if being my Maid/Matron of Honor is just to much for her right now and that I would understand if it was. She said she could handle it and was sorry for not being invloved. Two months have passed since our talk and things seem to have gotten worse. Our family doesnt really get along with her boyfriend because of the way he treats her and she drops all family events for him. I have tried getting along with him but nothing seems to work. Things are now awkward with her and we have meant up one time to talk about the wedding and the entire time she was texting him letting him know she would be home soon. My sister is 28 years old but i feel like im dealing with a teenager. I dont know what to do, at the end of our last conversation I told her if things continue to be the way they are as far as her not being involved in any way or helping me at all I would have no choice but to get someone that I can rely on. I was hoping that things would get better because I am not prepared to drop my sister from Maid/Matron of Honor but I feel like I have no choice at this point in time. Any advice?