Post # 1
So I’m trying to figure out something to do for our cake topper. We want something that looks nice that we would later be able to put up on our mantle. We kind of also want it to represent our relationship. We are both literary nerds so something book-related would be awesome. I’m open to either DIY or purchasing ideas. But here’s what we’re not looking for.
– Bride and groom figurines, animal or human; we just don’t like em.
– An initial, because I will be keeping my last name.
– Anything heart-shaped. I have an irrational hatred of all things heart-shaped.
– Anything too “kick-knack-y”; again, this will be displayed in our house so something tasteful for that purpose would be nice.
Any ideas bees?
Post # 3
Post # 4
- Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall
We got ours from mudcards on Etsy, LOVE IT! We plan on displaying it after the wedding – kitty for me and golf clubs for him 😉
Post # 7
All of my friends got custom-made cake toppers on Etsy. They all turned our fabujous! I’m planning on getting mine from there as well.
Post # 10
You could make the cake literary themed and not have a topper
I Carry Your Heart by ee cummings
Post # 12
I ordered a custom topper from Artzengraving on etsy the prices are terrific and the toppers make pretty mantle pieces. You can have them with or without a lighted base and the lady Debbie is super sweet and will make anything you like! Here’s a photo from her shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/artZengraving?ref=seller_info
ETA a picture of mine, made for our winter themed 10th anniversary wedding. Lighted topper for the main cake and smaller unlit snowflakes to top my two satellite cakes (3 on each) With our children’s names and birth dates engraved on them!