Post # 1
In a fit of desperation I created a quick save-the-date last night, since my friend who was supposed to design our std’s has been MIA for well over 2 weeks now. Originally we were going to send these out early January since we’re doing a destination wedding and all. The new plan is to send them out via email so folks get them ASAP and we can save some $$ while we’re at it.
So, with that, I am attaching my STD draft. Sadly I don’t know how to use Photoshop (I knew I should have taken that course I was thinking of taking last fall!!) so I used PowerPoint to create this. I am looking for honest opinions from you all: does it work? is the pink too bold? is it too wordy?? I am hoping to be able to cut/paste it onto the email itself and to add it as an attachment if that doesn’t work…
Post # 3
- Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden
it got cut off on my screen – i like them. i think etiquette-wise, it is supposed to be “two thousand ten” – no “and” (there have been some other threads on this debate), and i generally center the wording – it may look less wordy that way, but I don’t think there is anything that you should leave off…otherwise – really cute!
Post # 4
i dont like the “are getting married” part, idk i just dont and plus i think they wold know ur getting married from the “save the date” part, but other then that i like it alot
Post # 5
1. It’s “two thousand ten” OR “twenty ten.” It’s not “two thousand and ten” unless you’re trying to convey 2000.10
2. Why spell out two thousand ten when you didn’t spell out seventh? Consistency is good.
3. I think three different photos would look better than having one of them twice.
4. Even up your margins. They look like they are different on every side.
5. It looks like you used the font for the date and names in about 5 different sizes. It’s a bit distracting.
6. The pink is totally fine with the white. It doesn’t hurt my eyes at all nor did I have to strain to read the white print.
Post # 7
I think they are great! IMO my first impression was my eyes didn’t know where to start. I think i would take out the “are getting married” bc it’s slightly wordy, if you are opposed to that though try what @future said about centering!
Post # 8
I like the pink and the white, but agree that you could do a few things to punch it up.
I’d choose one font and use different sizes for impact. Most of the sans serif family – like your upper left corner – will reduce well.
Three different photos – or one large one with brighter colors – might be more attention-getting.
If you do go with three photos, I’d scrap the white bars between in favor of heavy white framing for each.
Post # 9
I think they are great. I think the wording is really good and like how you did it all. I would possibly make the white stipe between the pictures the length of the pictures. I don’t know if i like the middle picture either. (is it your venue?)
Post # 10
Thanks for the great feedback! I knew it did look quite right! Here’s the next iteration:
– I removed the ‘are getting married in…’ text
– changed the 3 pic layout to 2 pics, and made the church pic black/white to match the other one
– Played with the fonts, font sizes, etc. to tighten up layout overall
Post # 11
I like the first one better! But with the black and white church picture.
Post # 12
Ooooh I like your second version soooo much better!
Post # 13
But as I look at it some more – can you put Formal invitation to follow back in it’s original spot and font and leave just STD on the top left hand corner – I think it would look cleaner!
Post # 14
May I just add that my friend & I just sent out our e-STD’s via email using Mail Chimp and it totally ROCKS!!! It’s easy, fun and FREE!!! (You can pay for some services, but we won’t need to.)
We’re having fun keeping track of how many emails have been opened… how many have clicked to the wedding website…WHO has opened the emails. It’s da best!!! I discovered it thanks to this blog: PinkArgyle.
Post # 15
Thanks again! Ok, here’s the last iteration and the one we are most likely going with.
Post # 16
The second one is much better!