- 7 years ago
- Wedding: September 2012
I am a little unsure of which phrases I like the most. I was hoping to get outside perspective on each phrase to help narrow it down before taking it to the FMIL.
1. A Perfect Fit I know this one is a popular one, but it has a lot of meaning to us. He is so much taller than I am and anytime we’re hugging or sharing a chair it is pretty funny watching us maneuver so we always tell each other we’re a perfect fit.
2. I love you, bunches! When he tells me he loves me, I always ask, “bunches?” And every time I tell him I love him I tell him I love you, bunches!
3. B+B 9.8.12 Our first name initials and our wedding date.
4. Love Aways, Bryt Bryt is the nickname he gave me when we first started dating way back in high school.
5. My other half this seems self explanatory.
6. Hers Mine + Yours Mine would say his (if mine can even be engraved…) We all call dibs over what is “Mine” and “Yours” Maybe these words would be better instead of his and hers.. Hmm.
7. It’s what you do to me. This is a line from Plain White Tee’s “Hey There Delilah” Which has slowly over time been adopted as our song since we’ve been dating for 6.5 Years now and We won’t get married until I finally graduate college in May. (it even fit us when I was still in HS and he had started college. There is just no losing with this song.) It hasn’t been said yet, but I can almost bet this will be our first dance song. 😀
8. Worth the Wait. Again We’ve been dating for 6.5 years and can never seem to live less than 2 hours apart (with the current distance being 8 hours apart). We also waited for me to get out of school, for his brother to get married first, etc.
9. BJC 9.8.12 This is timeless and classic. I doubt he will ever pass his ring down but useful if he ever does, and he won’t forget our anniversary!
10. To never missing a Christmas, 9.8.12 This relates back to our proposal on Christmas. His words were “I don’t want to ever miss a Christmas with you”
11. Every Christmas Together, 9.8.12 Same meaning as 10, just reworded.
12. Through dogs & video games. B+B Haha. This one was brought up recently my last visit to see him. I asked him to walk my dog (Which he has adopted and loved even though I adopted her without his permission) & he plays video games A LOT with his friends back home during his free time. (We actually met on XboX then discovered we went to the same high school. Craziness!)
13. Yes, I still love you! I tell him all the time that everyone needs to be reminded.
So let me know which ones you like or don’t like. Do you have any suggestions for changing certain ones? What engravings did you and your fiance choose for each other?