Post # 1
I need help picking my earrings. I’m so indecisive. For reference, I’ve posted my dress. I’m going to have navy BM dresses, so I though about having sapphire earrings as my something blue (plus I have a vera E-ring so it would match that). But I’ve always been sucker for pearls, just not sure pearls will work with the color of my dress. My wedding will also have a few vintage touches (hence the art deco option). Sorry for the random sizes!
Post # 3
- Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL
@futuremrs1986: I think you can still do pearls and if you shop around you can definitely find them in darker shades of ivory if you’re worried about them being blazing white.
Post # 4
- Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall
@futuremrs1986: As soon as I saw that dress I thought PEARLS! Definitely go with them!
Post # 5
Oooh! Your dress is gorgeous!! I don’t know if I’ve ever seen it before.
I would not go with sapphire (or any other colored stone) earrings. Instead, I would choose sparkling earrings with clear crystals. Of the three you posted, my favorite is the second pair.
Post # 6
@futuremrs1986: I like the Art Deco!
Post # 7
@Brielle: Thank you! I’ve been searching for a dress twin on here, but have yet to find one!
Looks like everyone is as torn between art deco and pearls as I am… the art deco ones are like $100 more than the pearls, so that will likley heavily influence my decision.
Post # 8
@futuremrs1986: Pearls are so classic.. Then again, so is art deco but I think the pearls go with your dress better. You don’t want to take away from your gorgeous dress, you want something that’s going to complement it.
Post # 9
NONE of the above. Here’s why:
1. the sapphire is so dark, it immediately draws your eye to those earrings. First you want the dress to be seen, then your lovely face — not your earlobes. That’s why they call them “accessories”!
2. the deco marries well with the gatsby look currently en vogue. Your dress is not that style. Also, look at the swirling and the vining, and even that shiny piece at the neckline. Does any of that mimic that deco piece? No.
3. The pearls would be a nice choice, but on my screen, your gown has a grayish cast to it. Make sure you get the right shade of pearls. But if you choose crystals or some other shiny pieces, try to harmonize with either the print of the dress or the accent pieces on that bodice.