- 8 years ago
- Wedding: July 2011
FH and I are big music people and so are being especially picky when it comes to music for the big, scary walk down the red carpet (seriously, there is a cushioned red carpet down the aisle of the chapel).
We don’t know if we want one or two songs: One for the mother(s), grandparents (4 total) and wedding party (6 total), and then one for me with my father and possibly mother.
We would love your opinions on what music to use when.
Our favorites (so far):
- The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba from Solomon*
- Suite Two from Band of Brothers**
- Allegro from Brandenburg Concerto No. 5
- For the Beauty of the Earth (Chris Rice arr.)
- How Great Thou Art (Chris Rice arr. From Living Room sessions, instrumental only)
* FH’s favorite for me as he thinks it’s very “LOOK AT MEEEE”, I am very ambivalent about it (in the true sense of the word)
** FH would only want this for the relatives and wedding party, this is my favorite of the 5 not only because it being BoB but also because I marched a piece by the same composer a couple years ago and he writes so cleanly.
To complicate things we’re still looking for ideas and I wonder if one of Eric Whitacre’s pieces would work