- 3 years ago
- Wedding: August 2014
Okay so our wedding is coming up in just over 5 months.
We got engaged in June 2013, and planned for an August 2, 2014 wedding givins us over a year to plan etc. It took a bit of searching to find the perfect venue, (we live in a rural community about 2.5 hours to the nearest city for one thing, and my dad is in a wheelchair so finding a venue that was 100% accessible was a must!)
After checking out about a half dozen venues, we decided on one that is in a bigger town about 45 minutes from home. We atteneded a wedding there 2 years prior (and thought it was beautiful!) so we spoke with the couple we were confident we made the right choice! So everything was set for an outdoor ceremony at a golf and country club for August 2!
Needless to say we soon found out that the highly praised event coordinator our friends used, was no longer with them. Oh well we thought the venue is still great, so we carried on. We were to deal with the general manager until the position was filled… that was terrible. It took dozens of phone calls and emails to get any sort of response, but we just didnt think much of it thinking oh he is busy, they’re short handed its the busy season etc. By September 2013 they had filled the position and we met with the coordinator who we thought was lovely! She answered all our questions, we set everything in stone, approximate wedding size, table choices, linens etc etc etc. So the groom and I moved forward planning our decor and centerpieces around round tables that seat 10 each. (This info is important soon lol.) I didn’t talk in too much details with the coordinator until about November, (we kept in basic touch as we arranged the DJ, floral etc just so she was aware of the vendors.)
When it came time to order stationary and invitations I wanted to confirm again that the timeline for the day was still acceptable since everything is held onsite. It is now “off season” at the golf course, but I went three weeks not hearing back which was extremely bizarre (she was always so prompt to reply or call back prior) only to get a phone call from the general manager that she has “left the company suddenly” and her position hadn’t yet been filled. Thankkfully we hadn’t just went ahead and ordered the invitations… he made us change the timeline for the ENTIRE DAY! So the GM became our contact again…
Last week I attempted to touch base with the GM about menu selections further payment etc. Yesterday I got an email from a new coordinator (so the third person in 6 months to “help” us). She introduced herself, and I though we were homefree with the new coordinator. So via email we start to confirm details etc…. only to find out that so much that we were promised at the time of the contract signing is false! She tells me they do not have the tables we signed for to accomodate our guests. Which we have already spent hundreds of dollars on centerpieces and decor for this set up! So I emailed her back explaining this… and then I get ANOTHER email from the GM telling me she is mistaken that they CAN accomodate us with the tables promised… oh yeah and that he has resigned as of this coming Friday February 28! I am just at a loss. I do not know who or what to believe anymore! My future inlaws are footing the bill for the G&CC and are so frustrated. There are so many details that are now so diferent (the cake cutting fee that was supposed to be waived because we used their preferred vendor, the corakage fee was not charged if we use their house wine, and now according to this new coordinator we have to pay them?) Plus we have had the inconenvience of changing our wedding, cocktail hour and ceremony times and they were SUPPOSED to do all decorating for us but now they are not…
I just feel at a loss, invitations are out and in 5 months in our area we have no time to find another venue. I just feel like we can not trust our venue. I do not feel confident that they are capable in providing us with a wonderful day that we have been promised and paid for. My mother in law to be is calling the GM and requesting an emergency meeting before he leaves to get this all straightened out once in for a all… what can I say or do or ask for? I am just lost! Or are we all over reacting? There hasn’t been any juevenille attacks, name calling or anything as of yet and we have no intentions of going down that road… It is just frustrating and frightening that we are supposed to have 100% confidence in these people (isn’t that why you get a coordinator??) and they can’t even tell me if they have seating arrangements?
I need your help and guidance bride friends!!!